The Matter Intake Executive will work within a pool of dedicated matter intake executives to provide top quality, consistent and seamless support to the Principals / Partners in Hong Kong on the new business intake administration, including the coordination of conflict management, matter opening, Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and engagement letters.
Regular working hours for this role without overtime expected as the pool will be offered the opportunity to work on a staggered hours structure.
- Conflict Management
- Understand the conflict clearance process and the importance of conflict clearance in new business intake process
- Assist to initiate a conflict request by gathering accurate and sufficient data
- Ensure the involved parties are referenced in the involved party grid with the correct type, affiliation and relationship selected
- Provide the relevant information to the Global New Business Intake (NBI) team to conduct conflict search and follow up as appropriate
- Matter Opening
- Confirm if the Client / Matter is progressing to a full registration
- Populate all required information accurately following the Firm's matter opening guidelines
- Circulate new Matter Number on a timely manner to the timekeepers who are working on the client file
- Assist with Intapp changes after the matter number is available e.g. Create New Payers, Amend Payers' Address, Matter Name Change, Add New Non-Local Lead Attorney, etc.
- Liaise with Joint Asia Offices (JAO) Client Credit team to identify the appropriate client credit registration number (or apply for a new number) to use during matter opening process
- Work with Global NBI Team and Partners to resolve all matter opening inquiries and follow through to matter opening completion
- Provide consistent and seamless support to lawyers in the Hong Kong in regard to the Financial Year End audit request / legal due diligence confirmation request, and file closing.
- Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Know Your Client (KYC)
- Understand the risk and compliance issues e.g. AML and KYC in relation to new business intake process
- Assist the Partners to review the AML screening result and take required actions, including but not limited to collection of client due diligence documentation prior to completing to next stage
- Liaise with overseas offices on AML related queries
- Engagement Letters
- Upon the clearance of conflict and AML check, prepare the engagement letter using standard templates with accurate details, including description of the work to be performed, name(s) of the true beneficiary of our services, all elated adverse / other parties (if any) and the billing currency
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor degree
- At least one year experience in a related area. Fresh graduates with relevant academic background are also welcome
- Strong administration and coordination skills, with an eye for attention to details
- Professional services experience advantageous
- English and Cantonese language skills