Manager - Communications, Asia, will report to the Asia Pacific Communications Leader as part of a regional and global communications team, focusing on news and social media outreach, and providing internal communications advice and support for Firm leadership.
- Work with communications colleagues, in particular the Asia Pacific Communications leader and Global Senior Manager, Internal Communications, in the implementation of the Firm’s communication strategy in Asia, with a particular focus on stakeholders in Hong Kong, Singapore and Mainland China.
- Work closely with Business Development, Marketing and Communications (BDMC) colleagues to assist in the roll out and execution of our international and regional marketing and thought leadership campaigns, as well as other brand activities.
- Work with BDMC professionals to ensure media and social media activity is aligned and supportive of our BD strategy and activity.
- Liaise with stakeholders across the business to develop internal communications materials, from newsletters to online updates, and local and regional Town Halls.
- Assess which projects, new hires, departures, key wins, trends etc. should be promoted, both internally and externally.
- Ensure all relevant information is gathered internally, decide and gain approval for external and internal communications, decide which channels and tools are most appropriate (e.g. interview, media statement, Q&A, website, social media), create and execute the resulting communications plan.
- Provide issues management support, including appropriate internal communications, as required, as well as relevant monitoring of media / social media.
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least five years' experience in design and delivery of internal and external communications, across multiple channels including print, digital and social media
- Experience of working in a financial or professional services firm is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to deal effectively with journalists, Firm leadership, lawyers and marketing/PR colleagues
- Strong experience of dealing with the media and basic tools of media relations (i.e., news releases, talking points, statement preparation, issues management, media coaching, media meet & greets etc.)
- Good understanding of social media platforms and tools, and familiar with other communications channels and technologies
- A second language, particularly Mandarin, is preferred