The BD & Marketing Executive will execute on business development and marketing initiatives for the relevant practice groups, and to work with partners to implement strategy and business plans in order to increase revenues and profitability of client relationships.
This individual will work closely with the HK office BDMC team and the wider Asia BDMC team, and will provide support for the transactional and advisory practice groups in the Hong Kong office.
They will also work closely with other colleagues responsible for these groups in other offices, particularly those in Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Vietnam and China.
Although this is predominantly a Hong Kong role, the nature of how the team operates means that international work is the norm. An international and collaborative mindset is imperative.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support partners on marketing and business development strategies as requested, to assist with client relationship management, client acquisition and profile raising
- Prepare, coordinate and finalise pitches and capability statements as required - input into cross-border pitches as required
- Key legal directory and awards submissions, coordinating interviews and preparing partners
- Regularly updating pitch clauses and ensure promotional pitch data is up to date and fit for use
- Assist in the coordination of events such as client seminars, conferences, internal trainings, internal meetings, client visits and sponsored events for the practice groups as required
- Undertake research and provide business, industry, client and competitor intelligence and analysis on a regular basis
- Assist with tracking and reporting of BD activities and developments
- Prepare reports or summaries regarding BD activities and performance
- Prepare deal summaries and profiles for external profiling and reporting
- Prepare marketing collateral as requested
- Support the development and implementation of specific business and client plans
- Build cooperative working relationships with BDMC colleagues across the region and contribute to team initiatives and maximize the BD function’s effectiveness
- Database management – creating, maintaining and working with practice group teams to update membership lists, client contacts, mailing lists, deals database and so forth
- Report to relevant partners and team members on progress of relevant BD initiatives
- Organise and coordinate appropriate meetings and conference calls as required, with full responsibility for arranging supporting materials and following up on BD actions
- Preparation of administrative issues for the relevant practice groups
Qualifications and Experience:
- A degree (Bachelor or higher) preferably in business administration, sales or marketing
- At least two years of experience working in a professional services or financial services environment
- Excellent proficiency in spoken and written English & Chinese (be able to speak Putonghua) and the confidence to communicate well in a multi-cultural, multi-level environment
- High level of commercial acumen and strong analytical skills
- Ability to influence and negotiate with partners to achieve objectives
- The ability to re-adjust and reorganize plans and priorities due to last minute changes
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to react quickly to resolve issues