The IP, TCC, Media Group is a broad based practice group built around IP expertise, industry knowledge in the technology and communications sector, and experience in regulatory and content issues for converging media.
Members of the Group have a wide range of skills including litigation, commercial, transactional and regulatory work plus more specialised skills in areas such as trade mark registration, distribution and agency arrangements, franchising and privacy. Areas of expertise include brand strategy, IP litigation, digital copyright, government procurement, defence contracting, pharma, defamation and telco infrastructure.
We are currently looking to recruit an Associate with 4-6 years PQE to focus on Trademark prosecution work.
Skills and Experience Required
- Admitted to Practice in Australia
- 4 to 6 years Post Qualification experience within IP/Trade mark Law
- Trademark prosecution experience
- Experience in trade mark search analysis and advice, filing and prosecution of applications, running opposition and removal proceedings
- Strong team player
- Excellent communication skills - both oral and written
- Able to demonstrate initiative and pro-activity
- Able to develop strong relationships with clients and to take responsibility for this relationship
- Strong service orientation
- Flexible work practices and ability to adapt style as required
- Willingness to learn
- Sound IP/Trademark law expertise across the full range of areas above, with good commercial skills and awareness
- High work standards
- Ability to develop strong relationships with clients and to take responsibility for these relationships
- Strong service orientation
- Flexible work practices and an ability to adapt style as required
- Ability to manage a number of tasks simultaneously to be able to prioritise and manage the expectations of clients and work providers accordingly
- strong academic background
- excellent analytical, communication and research skills - to contribute to the delivery of prompt and commercially astute advice
- an established ability to develop strong and effective relationships with clients
- A willingness to develop others through mentoring and sharing experiences
- Ability to work well both in a team and individually
At Baker & McKenzie we are different in the way we think, work and behave. Like no other law firm, we were born global. Our Australian practice was established in Sydney in 1964, in Melbourne in 1982 and in Brisbane in 2014. Our lawyers work seamlessly with our global colleagues, collectively providing a capacity of more than 5,600 locally qualified lawyers and 6,000 professional staff in 77 locations across 47 countries.
Baker & McKenzie Australia can offer you access to complex, market leading matters working with some of the world's best legal minds – people who know the law and who understand business. We have an unrivalled ability to provide training and secondment opportunities across our global network. Locally, we have an inclusive culture of learning, coaching and opportunity where you will work in small teams on matters that often cross borders. We value people who think ahead and get noticed.
Diversity & Inclusion
Baker McKenzie is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive culture for all its employees, with equal opportunity for all to progress and have a meaningful career with our Firm. Our mission is to foster an environment where individuals of every ethnicity, culture, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, religion, age, disability, and marital and parental status may succeed professionally and fully contribute to the goals of the Firm.
We believe that diversity within the firm makes us stronger, and that an inclusive workplace will enable our talented workforce to achieve their potential. We celebrate differences, and all of our people are expected to create and maintain an open and supportive culture for everyone.
If you are self motivated and excited by the connectivity that a global law firm can offer, then we would like to hear from you. Please click on the Apply icon to start the online application process for this role. We will then be in touch with you once we have reviewed your application.
For a confidential discussion and further information, please contact Angelique Wanner, Talent Management Consultant 02 8922 5596.