The IP, TCC, Media Group is a broad based practice group built around IP expertise, industry knowledge in the technology and communications sector, and experience in regulatory and content issues for converging media. Members of the Group have a wide range of skills including litigation, commercial, transactional and regulatory work plus more specialised skills in areas such as trade mark registration, distribution and agency arrangements, franchising and privacy. Areas of expertise include brand strategy, IP litigation, digital copyright, government procurement, defence contracting, pharma, defamation and telco infrastructure.
We are currently looking to recruit an Associate with 3-6 years PQE to focus on corporate commercial and technology work, preferably working within a similar large firm environment with a focus on larger, transactional deals.
Skills and Experience Required
- has experience in a top tier environment
- has 3-6 years' law experience is widely recognized as a true technical expert and has high work standards
- has strong academic qualifications
- Strong team player
- Excellent communication skills - both oral and written
- Able to demonstrate initiative and pro-activity
- Able to develop strong relationships with clients and to take responsibility for this relationship
- Strong service orientation
- Ability to manage a number of tasks simultaneously to be able to prioritise and manage the expectations of clients and work providers accordingly
- excellent analytical, communication and research skills - to contribute to the delivery of prompt and commercially astute advice
team focus - to facilitate effective teamwork by developing strong internal relationships
- enthusiasm to be involved in business development activities - participating in industry related programs and developing strategic relationships and network
Please click here to see a video introducing our Firm
At Baker & McKenzie we are different in the way we think, work and behave. Like no other law firm, we were born global. Our Australian practice was established in Sydney in 1964, in Melbourne in 1982 and in Brisbane in 2014. Our lawyers work seamlessly with our global colleagues, collectively providing a capacity of more than 5,600 locally qualified lawyers and 6,000 professional staff in 77 locations across 47 countries.
Baker & McKenzie Australia can offer you access to complex, market leading matters working with some of the world's best legal minds – people who know the law and who understand business. We have an unrivalled ability to provide training and secondment opportunities across our global network. Locally, we have an inclusive culture of learning, coaching and opportunity where you will work in small teams on matters that often cross borders. We value people who think ahead and get noticed.
Diversity & Inclusion
Baker McKenzie is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive culture for all its employees, with equal opportunity for all to progress and have a meaningful career with our Firm. Our mission is to foster an environment where individuals of every ethnicity, culture, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, religion, age, disability, and marital and parental status may succeed professionally and fully contribute to the goals of the Firm.
We believe that diversity within the firm makes us stronger, and that an inclusive workplace will enable our talented workforce to achieve their potential. We celebrate differences, and all of our people are expected to create and maintain an open and supportive culture for everyone.
If you are self motivated and excited by the connectivity that a global law firm can offer, then we would like to hear from you. Please click on the Apply icon to start the online application process for this role. We will then be in touch with you once we have reviewed your application.
For a confidential discussion and further information, please contact Suzan Wilkinson, Talent Management Consultant.