We are currently looking for an individual to join our Talent Management team in Sydney.
The Firm’s People function has responsibility for recruiting, supporting and developing all of the Firm’s people, including our partners, lawyers and Professional & Business Services staff, working closely with the Firm’s leadership to design and deliver the Firm’s people strategy, building on the Firm’s core commitments to collaboration, excellence and inclusivity. The function includes:
- Talent Management
- Recruitment & Mobility
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Leadership & Learning
- Careers, Performance and Rewards
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or progress towards qualification focusing on Human Resources, Industrial Psychology, Organizational Development, Management, or other related areas; professional human resources certification highly desired
- Experience in HR/Talent Management, preferably in a professional services firm environment
- Knowledge of HR functional disciplines (employee relations, staffing, compensation, organizational development, training, and employee development)
- Knowledge of Australian Employment legislation including but not limited to the Fair Work Act and the Legal Services Award
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; fluent written and spoken English is required
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and drive results with a sense of urgency and executing against the objectives
- Ability to influence, interact and consult with staff and partners, strong collaboration skills and effective stakeholder management
- Coaching, counselling, business acumen, and overall communication skills
- High level of discretion, diplomacy and a commitment to maintaining the highest level of confidentiality
Please click here to see a video introducing our Firm.
At Baker McKenzie, we are different in the way we think, work and behave. Like no other law firm, we were born global. Our Australian practice was established in Sydney in 1964, in Melbourne in 1982 and in Brisbane in 2014. Our lawyers work seamlessly with our global colleagues, collectively providing a capacity of more than 5,600 locally qualified lawyers and 6,000 professional staff in 78 locations across 46 countries.
Diversity & Inclusion
Baker McKenzie is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive culture for all its employees, with equal opportunity for all to progress and have a meaningful career with our Firm. Our mission is to foster an environment where individuals of every ethnicity, culture, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, religion, age, disability, carer status and working style may succeed professionally and fully contribute to the goals of the Firm. As part of our inclusive culture, we encourage applications from all genders, abilities and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people.
We believe that diversity within the firm makes us stronger, and that an inclusive workplace will enable our talented workforce to achieve their potential. We celebrate differences, and all of our people are expected to create and maintain an open and supportive culture for everyone.
To apply, click "Apply" and we will be in touch with you once we have reviewed your application.
For a confidential discussion and further information, please contact Simone Walsh, Senior Manager, Talent Management on +61 2 8922 5545.