We are currently looking for a On-site IT Support Supervisor to join our Technology team in Sydney.
This role manages all procedures related to the identification, prioritisation, and resolution of end user requests, including the monitoring, tracking, and coordination of On-site IT support functions. The Supervisor will also contribute to problem resolution by giving in-person, hands-on support to end users at the On-site IT support level.
Baker McKenzie's Technology function is responsible for designing, developing and maintaining the firm's global technology infrastructure, including architecture, hardware, software, computer networking, communications and data management. The function works closely with lawyers, clients and business services professionals to ensure our technology offering is best-in-class and forward-thinking, allowing the Firm to provide its clients with cutting-edge, innovative legal and business advice via up-to-date technology products and solutions.
- Monitor daily workflow and workload of support team.
- Manage people or team related issues in consultation with Manager/Senior Manager.
- Provide ongoing performance feedback (and appraisals where required) for the support team.
- Analyse performance of support activities and documented resolutions, identify problem areas, and devise and deliver solutions to enhance quality of service and to prevent future problems.
- Manage the processing of incidents assigned to the On-site Support Team to ensure courteous, timely, and effective resolution.
- Manage escalated support issues and act of Quality Management System feedback to ensure high quality support standards are maintained.
- Ensure the business is informed about current technology issues.
- Collaborate with other IT functions to ensure efficient operation of the deskside computing environment.
- Enforce request handling and escalation policies and procedures.
- Coordinate and/or perform hands-on fixes at the deskside support level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Monitor and test fixes to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
- Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex desktop problems for end users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including offsite repair for remote users as needed.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end-user workstations and related hardware and software in order to deliver required desktop service levels.
- Where required, administer and resolve issues with associated end-user workstation networking software products.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, pages, and/or e-mails regarding deskside support problems.
- Moving and set up of desktop computers and peripherals.
- Answer to and perform moves, adds and changes (MAC) requests as they are submitted by line managers.
- Prepare tests and applications for monitoring desktop performance, then provide performance statistics and reports.
- Assist in preparing, maintaining, and upholding procedures for logging, reporting, and statistically monitoring desktop operations.
- Accurately document instances of desktop equipment or component failure, repair, installation, and removal.
Qualifications & Experience
Our ideal candidate would have:
- Demonstrated experience in the supervision of a technical deskside support team.
- Excellent technical knowledge of desktop hardware.
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Extensive equipment support experience.
- Working technical knowledge of current protocols, operating systems, and standards.
- Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories.
Please click here to see a video introducing our Firm.
At Baker McKenzie, we are different in the way we think, work and behave. Like no other law firm, we were born global. Our Australian practice was established in Sydney in 1964, in Melbourne in 1982 and in Brisbane in 2014. Our lawyers work seamlessly with our global colleagues, collectively providing a capacity of more than 5,600 locally qualified lawyers and 6,000 professional staff in 78 locations across 46 countries.
Baker McKenzie Australia can offer you access to complex, market leading matters working with some of the world's best legal minds – people who know the law and who understand business. We have an unrivalled ability to provide training and secondment opportunities across our global network. Locally, we have an inclusive culture of learning, coaching and opportunity where you will work in small teams on matters that often cross borders. We value people who think ahead and get noticed.
Diversity & Inclusion
Baker McKenzie is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive culture for all its employees, with equal opportunity for all to progress and have a meaningful career with our Firm. Our mission is to foster an environment where individuals of every ethnicity, culture, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, religion, age, disability, carer status and working style may succeed professionally and fully contribute to the goals of the Firm. As part of our inclusive culture, we encourage applications from all genders, abilities and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people.
Baker McKenzie provides information and support relating to the recruitment process for transgender and gender diverse candidates. Please let us know if you would like to receive this additional support.
Our bAgile program encourages a range of flexible work opportunities for all. We invite you to let us know of any reasonable adjustments you require to equitably participate in the recruitment process or in performing the requirements of this role.
Please click on the Apply icon to start the online application process for this role. We will be in touch with you once we have reviewed your application. For a confidential discussion and further information, please contact Angelique Holden, Talent Management Consultant, +61 2 8922 5596.