We are currently looking for a Senior Manger to join our Business Development, Marketing & Communications (BDMC) APAC Regional Client Team for a 9 month fixed-term contract.
The role is responsible for managing the APAC region’s key client program and portfolio of Industry Key Clients who are part of the Firm’s established Industry Key Client Program. It is a client- and management-facing role that involves managing an account on a global basis and driving business development in line with the goals of the client team.
- Lead the delivery of the client program as part of the Firm's annual Asia Pacific Meeting.
- Drive revenue growth across the AP+ regional client program of 12 key clients working alongside the client account managers and teams.
- Lead management of 6 key international client accounts within the AP+ program, covering multiple industry sectors.
- Manage and supervise a team (3 direct reports), including oversight of day to day priorities delivering various BDMC initiatives.
- Lead planning and delivery of other AP client development activities (regional leadership meetings, client secondments, client listening, etc.)
- Work closely with local offices on planning and rolling out local key client programs, guiding partners and BD teams on key client plans and growth initiatives.
- Be the go-to-contact for client development related queries, best practice sharing, learning and development efforts.
- Conduct pre- and post-secondment briefings.
- Other projects, as required.
Qualifications & Experience
Our ideal candidate would have:
- Proven experience on leading strategic client account management in a professional services firm.
- Senior team leadership experience, driving revenue generating and brand building client initiatives.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills and outstanding attention to detail.
- A high level of commercial acumen and strong analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and gravitas to successfully manage key internal and external relationships and projects across the global organization.
- Ability to think flexibly, understand and adapt to the expectations and the needs of different cultures across the Firm.
- Ablility to readjust and reorganize plans and deal with and manage tight deadlines.
- Undergraduate degree preferably in business administration, marketing or communications – or equivalent work experience.
The BDMC function works closely with our Partners and leadership teams to:
- Increase our revenue, profitability and share across markets, industries and clients.
- Enable us to win, retain and grow business through powerful pitches, engaging thought leadership and strong relationship management.
- Lead market and client intelligence efforts to create new service line opportunities in industry and practice groups.
- Channel the Baker McKenzie brand, identity and culture through a single communications voice.
At Baker McKenzie, we are different in the way we think, work and behave. Like no other law firm, we were born global. Our Australian practice was established in Sydney in 1964, in Melbourne in 1982 and in Brisbane in 2014. Our lawyers work seamlessly with our global colleagues, collectively providing a capacity of more than 5,600 locally qualified lawyers and 6,000 professional staff in 78 locations across 46 countries.
Baker McKenzie Australia can offer you access to complex, market leading matters working with some of the world's best legal minds – people who know the law and who understand business. We have an unrivalled ability to provide training and secondment opportunities across our global network. Locally, we have an inclusive culture of learning, coaching and opportunity where you will work in small teams on matters that often cross borders. We value people who think ahead and get noticed.
Diversity & Inclusion
Baker McKenzie is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive culture for all its employees, with equal opportunity for all to progress and have a meaningful career with our Firm. Our mission is to foster an environment where individuals of every ethnicity, culture, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, religion, age, disability, carer status and working style may succeed professionally and fully contribute to the goals of the Firm. As part of our inclusive culture, we encourage applications from all genders, abilities and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people.
Our bAgile program encourages a range of flexible work opportunities for all. We invite you to let us know of any reasonable adjustments you require to equitably participate in the recruitment process or in performing the requirements of this role.
Please click on the Apply icon to start the online application process for this role. We will be in touch with you once we have reviewed your application. For a confidential discussion and further information, please contact Angelique Holden, Talent Management Consultant, 02 8922 5596.