Why Baker McKenzie?
At Baker McKenzie not only do we pride ourselves on leading pay and a great culture, joining a leading Global Law firm provides unique development opportunities to grow in a highly supportive working environment throughout all stages of your life. We know our people value flexibility around when and where they work. So we are committed to offering a more adaptable way to work, we call this BAgile. As a highly valued employee we will also provide you with an extensive range of wellbeing, recognition & benefits offerings.
For more information on our benefits click here
The Senior Legal Project Coordinator will work with the Legal Project Managers, leading on the successful delivery of tasks within both client- and internally-facing projects bringing solutions using established and new tools and processes.
- Support the management of multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Liaise with the client, and the Firm's client matter team, as well as the Firm's specialist departments and offices worldwide, along with external stakeholders
- Support creation and management of suitably-detailed project plans
- Support project teams to define matter scope, and to track and manage changes
- Direct and advise other team members on project-specific tasks
- Proactively offer support to project teams beyond minimum delivery requirements, seeking opportunity to add additional / higher value
- Set up and own recurring tasks and activities
- Build organizational charts and timelines
- Support requests from the LPM team
- Map matter-specific processes
- Support your ‘core’ project(s) throughout the project lifecycle, giving ad hoc support to other projects
- Design ad hoc project update reporting, create client-ready reports and give oral and written updates to project teams on developments
- Support project teams by flagging scope variance and key risks/issues, and work creatively with senior team on mitigation across projects
- Support the-matter review process for key matters and identify areas of improvement through discussions with project teams
- Triage help requests and raise ‘marginal’ requests with senior team to determine LPM position on task involvement
- Be creative and improve on standard delivery solutions on a given project; identify and propose to Associate Directors of LPM any future needs and improvements to the LPM framework
- Identify opportunities for new service delivery and support analysis and design workshops
- Contribute to LPM element of project budgeting
- Convert project-specific materials into templates and reusable resources for the LPM team
- Prepare, review and interpret data visualization for matters
- Contribution to BM's Innovation Strategy; become a subject matter expert on given tech and standardized processes: evangelize, advise, train, apply to projects, and support refinement
- Support implementation of existing and new technology to meet project requirements and to encourage LPM/Legal team uptake
- Demonstrate project-specific processes, tools, and resources to project teams
- Enhance client experience through LPM tools and communications
- Build a network of professional colleagues across the range of PBS and legal functions, including Knowledge Management, Business
- Development, Finance, and IT, and with external stakeholders
- Use your network to identify opportunities for new projects or to showcase BM LPM
- Offering ad hoc support and PM expertise to non-LPM initiatives
What we're looking for -
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least some experience in project management roles
- Understanding of/ experience working in large complex organizations ideally in a law firm or professional services firm
- Knowledge/ experience of relevant IT packages: e.g. Document Management Systems, Project Extranets (e.g. SharePoint) or other collaborative project management tools, Other LegalTech knowledge desirable
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel, and of financial systems and reports
- Experience of influencing stakeholders within a professional services environment (desirable)
- Great communication and relationship building skills
- Desire to work collaboratively with senior-level professionals to help them succeed in meeting their objectives
- Ability to work independently with a willingness to work flexibly and hands-on to achieve project objectives
- Knowledge of data visualisation and associated tools (e.g. Excel charting, Tableau, Power BI)
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in sourcing data for and preparing reports, executive summaries and status reports for consumption by attorneys and clients
- Ability to calculate key financial metrics and analyse matter-level performance including profitability.
- Disciplined and attentive to details with strong time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work in a dynamic and complex environment to meet deadlines and daily requirements.
- Demonstrated competency in continuous improvement, change management, flexible approach and exceeding expectations.
- Formal project management qualification of Prince 2 Foundation (required) and LSS Yellow Belt (desirable)
- Formal project management qualification of Prince 2 Practitioner or Prince 2 Agile, LSS Green Belt or LSS Black Belt, Management of
- Portfolios (MoP) or PMP (desirable)
About the Firm
At Baker McKenzie, we are different in the way we think, work and behave. Like no other law firm, we were born global. Our Australian practice was established in Sydney in 1964, in Melbourne in 1982 and in Brisbane in 2014. Our lawyers work seamlessly with our global colleagues, collectively providing a capacity of more than 5,600 locally qualified lawyers and 6,000 professional staff in 78 locations across 46 countries.
Baker McKenzie Australia can offer you access to complex, market leading matters working with some of the world's best legal minds - people who know the law and who understand business. We have an unrivalled ability to provide training and secondment opportunities across our global network.
Diversity & Inclusion
Baker McKenzie is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive culture for all its employees, with equal opportunity for all to progress and have a meaningful career with our Firm.
Our application process
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
As part of our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive we encourage applications from all genders, abilities and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people.