Why Baker McKenzie?
At Baker McKenzie not only do we pride ourselves on leading pay and a great culture, joining a leading Global Law firm provides unique development opportunities to grow in a highly supportive working environment throughout all stages of your life. We know our people value flexibility around when and where they work. So we are committed to offering a more adaptable way to work, we call this BAgile. As a highly valued employee we will also provide you with an extensive range of wellbeing, recognition & benefits offerings.
We are currently looking for a Senior Associate with 5-9 years' experience to join our TPG (Energy, Resources, Infrastructure & Corporate) in Sydney.
Baker McKenzie's Transactional Practice Group is at the forefront of providing commercially astute advice to major Australian and global companies, fund managers, pension funds and sovereign wealth funds. We have one of Australia's largest dedicated energy, infrastructure and resources teams, with experience in all Australian jurisdictions.
We are particularly well known for our high-end mergers and acquisitions. With offices across the globe, we provide our clients with something that no other Australian law firm can offer – a leading Australian practice with access to an integrated global platform.
Some of the group's key areas of specialisation is in complex M&A transactions, privatisations, listed public to private transactions, PPPs, structured finance, major infrastructure (including digital and telco infrastructure), energy, resources and utilities.
As the world's largest M&A practice, over 1,300 lawyers execute more cross-border transactions than any other law firm.
What we're looking for -
Our ideal candidate would have:
- 5 - 9 years' experience in M&A and commercial arrangements;
- relevant experience in a top tier or leading international firm preferred;
- a strong client service orientation;
- strong technical, drafting and commercial skills;
- business development aptitude, interest, and experience;
- relevant legal qualifications;
- strong academic background;
- excellent analytical, communication, and research skills;
- commitment to high work standards;
- ability to demonstrate initiative and proactivity;
- ability to develop strong relationships with clients and to take responsibility for this relationship;
- ability to work well in a team environment (including across Australian offices and internationally);
- willingness to learn; and
- willingness to develop others through mentoring and sharing experiences.
About the Firm
At Baker McKenzie, we are different in the way we think, work and behave. Like no other law firm, we were born global. Our Australian practice was established in Sydney in 1964, in Melbourne in 1982 and in Brisbane in 2014. Our lawyers work seamlessly with our global colleagues, collectively providing a capacity of more than 5,600 locally qualified lawyers and 6,000 professional staff in 78 locations across 46 countries.
Baker McKenzie Australia can offer you access to complex, market leading matters working with some of the world's best legal minds – people who know the law and who understand business. We have an unrivalled ability to provide training and secondment opportunities across our global network.
Diversity & Inclusion
Baker McKenzie is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive culture for all its employees, with equal opportunity for all to progress and have a meaningful career with our Firm.
Our application process
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
As part of our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive we encourage applications from all genders, abilities and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people.