Why Baker McKenzie?
At Baker McKenzie not only do we pride ourselves on leading pay and a great culture, joining a leading Global Law firm provides unique development opportunities to grow in a highly supportive working environment throughout all stages of your life. We know our people value flexibility around when and where they work. So we are committed to offering a more adaptable way to work, we call this BAgile. As a highly valued employee we will also provide you with an extensive range of wellbeing, recognition & benefits offerings.
For more information on our benefits click here
Baker McKenzie's Dispute Resolution Group is one of the Australian office's largest practice groups and has the depth of experience and accomplishment to advise and represent clients in all matters
associated with complex commercial disputes.
Our commercially pragmatic approach means we focus on the issues that matter to clients rather than simply managing the litigation process to a conclusion. We always take a strategic approach to disputes, identifying and guiding the client's legal team on any available options to promote early resolution but never losing sight of the need to resolutely promote our clients' best interests.
Our team includes some of Australia's leading litigation lawyers, each of whom is able to draw on the resources, combined knowledge and experience of the global firm's world class dispute resolution and litigation practice. This means that we have the privilege of being instructed by major national and international organisations in large-scale, complex litigation and dispute resolution across a range of industries and disciplines, including in relation to:
- administrative law
- advertising and marketing
- arbitration and mediation
- class actions
- financial transactions
- hostile takeovers
- information technology & communications
- insolvency and reconstruction
- international/cross-border disputes
- media and broadcasting
- partnerships and joint ventures
- product liability
- property and trusts
- risk management
- security enforcement
- shareholder disputes
- tax investigations
- trade practices and competition
What we're looking for -
- 8+ years' experience in commercial litigation;
- relevant experience in a top tier or leading international firm preferred;
- a strong client service orientation;
- strong technical, drafting and commercial skills;
- business development aptitude, interest, and experience;
- relevant legal qualifications;
- a strong academic background;
- excellent analytical, communication, and research skills;
- a commitment to high work standards and strong attention to detail;
- an ability to demonstrate initiative and proactivity;
- an ability to develop strong relationships with clients and to take responsibility for this relationship;
- an ability to work well in a team environment (including across Australian offices and internationally); and
- a willingness to learn.
About the Firm
At Baker McKenzie, we are different in the way we think, work and behave. Like no other law firm, we were born global. Our Australian practice was established in Sydney in 1964, in Melbourne in 1982 and in Brisbane in 2014. Our lawyers work seamlessly with our global colleagues, collectively providing a capacity of more than 5,600 locally qualified lawyers and 6,000 professional staff in 78 locations across 46 countries.
Baker McKenzie Australia can offer you access to complex, market leading matters working with some of the world's best legal minds – people who know the law and who understand business. We have an unrivalled ability to provide training and secondment opportunities across our global network.
Diversity & Inclusion
Baker McKenzie is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive culture for all its employees, with equal opportunity for all to progress and have a meaningful career with our Firm.
Our application process
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
As part of our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive we encourage applications from all genders, abilities and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people.