Why Baker McKenzie?
At Baker McKenzie not only do we pride ourselves on leading pay and a great culture, joining a leading Global Law firm provides unique development opportunities to grow in a highly supportive working environment throughout all stages of your life. We know our people value flexibility around when and where they work. So we are committed to offering a more adaptable way to work, we call this BAgile. As a highly valued employee we will also provide you with an extensive range of wellbeing, recognition & benefits offerings.
We are seeking an experienced intermediate legal Secretary to join our Transactional Practice Group to support a team of up to 6 fee earners, including two Corporate Partners on a full time basis in Brisbane. The ideal candidate will need to have a minimum of 4 years' of experience in the legal industry. The candidate must also have excellent attention to detail and be proactive ensuring they are providing timely, efficient and high quality secretarial and administrative support to lawyers and other work providers.
Key Duties of the role include but not limited to:
- Drafting electronic and hardcopy correspondence, preparation of documents (including document production, amending documents and use of firm precedents);
- Billing, e-billing and client financial reporting;
- Supporting the client matter intake process;
- Working directly with clients, developing and maintaining relationships, and assisting with business development activities;
- Organising couriers, conferences and functions, internal and external meetings (including room, car spaces, catering, invitations etc.);
- Diary, travel and expense management;
- Dictaphone typing;
- File management including file opening, closing, electronic and hard copy filing;
- Answering telephone calls and taking messages;
- Reception and client service cover; and
- Other ad hoc duties as required.
What we're looking for -
Our ideal candidate would have:
- Previous experience in a legal practice;
- Experience with monthly billing process;
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail;
- A minimum typing speed of 50 wpm (90% accuracy rate);
- Excellent computer literacy in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook email;
- Excellent customer service and client relationship skills;
- iManage and Chrome River experience preferred but not required;
- Certificate IV in Business Administration or equivalent is desirable;
- Ability to work well in a team environment (including across Australian offices and internationally)
About the Firm
At Baker McKenzie, we are different in the way we think, work and behave. Like no other law firm, we were born global. Our Australian practice was established in Sydney in 1964, in Melbourne in 1982 and in Brisbane in 2014. Our lawyers work seamlessly with our global colleagues, collectively providing a capacity of more than 5,600 locally qualified lawyers and 6,000 professional staff in 78 locations across 46 countries.
Baker McKenzie Australia can offer you access to complex, market leading matters working with some of the world's best legal minds – people who know the law and who understand business. We have an unrivalled ability to provide training and secondment opportunities across our global network.
Diversity & Inclusion
Baker McKenzie is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive culture for all its employees, with equal opportunity for all to progress and have a meaningful career with our Firm.
Our application process
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
As part of our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive we encourage applications from all genders, abilities and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people.