At Baker McKenzie we are different in the way we think, work and behave. Like no other law firm, we were born global.
Our Australian practice was established in Sydney in 1964, in Melbourne in 1982 and in Brisbane in 2014. Our lawyers and Business Services Professionals work seamlessly with our global colleagues, collectively providing a capacity of more than 5,600 locally qualified lawyers and 6,000 professional staff in 78 locations across 47 countries.
The purpose of the Revenue Coordinator role is to coordinate and facilitate billings and collections. The primary function is to maintain billing data and accuracy, to contact clients seeking payment of invoices and to assist Partners and clients with any queries they may have regarding revenue policies and procedures.
- Billing:the Revenue Coordinator is responsible for all steps in the monthly billing process including but not limited to, the creation of draft bills, distributing to Partners, checking and distributing monthly bills to clients, identifying and resolving billing issues as and maintaining billing data.
- Collections: The Revenue Coordinator is required to provide assistance to the Revenue Team/Collections where appropriate.
- General: The Revenue Coordinator is required to work with Partners to meet revenue targets each month as set by the Revenue Manager and take responsibility for management of Partners' WIP and receivables ledgers. The Revenue Coordinator will undertake additional work to support the Finance department as directed or required by the Revenue Manager. The role also involves working within the Firm’s Policies and Procedures, adhering to standards in relation to follow up procedures (e.g. distribution of monthly statements, other regular reminders, use of the collections software, etc.), liaising with other members of the credit team, and having a good understanding of accounting systems and the relationship between billing procedures and the collections process.
Skills, Experience and Requirements
- Knowledge and Expertise: Developing, maintaining and enhancing the necessary level of familiarity with the Firm’s business and its culture, practices and systems; as well as the specific functional and/or specialist knowledge and expertise required to enable the delivery and achievement of expected results. It also includes sharing and contributing to the growth of collective knowledge. Billing/Accounts receivable experience required. SAP experience preferred.
- Service Orientation: Delivering a consistently high-quality service experience to colleagues, and internal and external clients, by building responsive, positive and productive relationships that are strongly focused on the Firm’s business needs.
- Work Management: Planning, scheduling and prioritization of all routine and non-routine work delivery requirements, and the effective management of all time and resources. It includes taking personal responsibility for delivering work in a reliable, timely and professional manner, working consistently and calmly under pressure and keeping others appropriately informed of progress.
- People Management: Investing in self-improvement and committing to personal and professional development, as well as being a willing and effective team member.
For a confidential discussion and further information, please contact Angelique Wanner, Talent Management Consultant, +61 2 8922 5596 or email