We have a very exciting growth opportunity for two part-time Paralegals to join our Brisbane office. The days you work can be flexible and up to three days per week.
To be suitable for the role you must be in your pre-penultimate year of your law degree. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work across a number of different practice groups including, Corporate Markets, Dispute Resolution, Real Estate, Construction and Infrastructure, directly with partners and senior lawyers.
Pathways to a graduate opportunity in our Brisbane office are available for successful candidates.
Skills and Experience Required
- excellent academics are essential;
- relevant experience in a similar role is desirable;
- professional, responsible and flexible attitude;
- strong work ethic;
- strong service orientation;
- ability to work well both in a team and individually;
- high work standards;
- willingness to learn;
- excellent communication skills - both oral and written; and
- able to demonstrate initiative and pro-activity.
- supporting partners and senior lawyers with various legal tasks;
- preparing briefs to counsel;
- maintaining day to day contact with clients, under lawyer supervision;
- filing and maintaining documents;
- reviewing and advising on due diligence materials such as property searches;
- preparing Queensland Land Registry forms to give effect to transactions; and
- assisting with settlements (including calculating settlement figures).
Please click here to see a video introducing Baker McKenzie.
At Baker McKenzie, we are different in the way we think, work and behave. Like no other law firm, we were born global. Our Australian practice was established in Sydney in 1964, in Melbourne in 1982 and in Brisbane in 2014. Our lawyers work seamlessly with our global colleagues, collectively providing a capacity of more than 5,600 locally qualified lawyers and 6,000 professional staff in 78 locations across 46 countries.
Diversity & Inclusion
Baker McKenzie is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive culture for all its employees, with equal opportunity for all to progress and have a meaningful career with our Firm. Our mission is to foster an environment where individuals of every ethnicity, culture, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, religion, age, disability, carer status and working style may succeed professionally and fully contribute to the goals of the Firm. As part of our inclusive culture, we encourage applications from all genders, abilities and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people.
Our bAgile program encourages a range of flexible work opportunities for all. We invite you to let us know of any reasonable adjustments you require to equitably participate in the recruitment process or in performing the requirements of this role.
Please click on the Apply icon to start the online application process for this role. We will be in touch with you once we have reviewed your application. For a confidential discussion and further information, please contact Angelique Wanner, Talent Management Consultant, 02 8922 5596.