At Baker McKenzie we are different in the way we think, work and behave. Like no other law firm, we were born global.
Our Australian practice was established in Sydney in 1964, in Melbourne in 1982 and in Brisbane in 2014. Our lawyers work seamlessly with our global colleagues, collectively providing a capacity of more than 5,600 locally qualified lawyers and 6,000 professional staff in 78 locations across 47 countries.
The purpose of the On-Site IT Support Analyst is to ensure the proper functioning of personal computing and office technology so that end users can most efficiently and effectively accomplish business tasks. This includes receiving, prioritising, documenting, and actively resolving customer requests and escalations from the Global Service Desk. Problem resolution will involve the use of incident management tools, as well as hands-on support at the on-site level.
- Perform hands-on fixes, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, managing mobile devices, implementing file backups, and configuring applications
- Owns and drives issues to resolution including escalation to specialized resources within the broader IT organization. Remains engaged on issues until resolution.
- Provide technical support for client facilities such as video conferencing and audio conferencing services.
- Participate in improvements as they relate to the on-site IT environment.
- Serves as an advocate for the organization’s information security management system. Assists customers to work efficiently within the ISMS framework
- Test fixes to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups to customer requests.
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyse trends for ways to prevent future problems.
- Field incoming requests from customers via both telephone and e-mail in a courteous manner.
- Build rapport with customers.
- Perform preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals.
- Prioritise and escalate problems (when required).
- Record, track, and document problem-solving processes, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
- Understands the essential responsibilities of the position and works to continuously to build and improve the skills necessary to be proficient in the role.
- Supports operates and maintains AV equipment for live meetings and events.
- Provides support and demonstrates expert knowledge for online webinar tools and applications.
- Acts as backup trainer when requested.
Skills, Experience and Requirements
- Demonstrated experience in the field of computer science, information sciences, or related field for 3 to 5 years
- Microsoft MCP desired or other appropriate certification
- Strong knowledge of computer hardware with a focus on workstations and laptops.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows.
- Significant application support experience with Microsoft Office
- Proven track record of working under Service Level Agreements and a Service Desk framework.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- This role does not typically have travel requirements however may have occasional travel to provide temporary support to other offices as required.
- In cases where support needs to be provided in languages other than English, proficiency in English is also required.
- Flexibility to work on projects and tasks outside of business hours and in weekends to ensure minimal disruption to the business will be necessary from time to time.
- Participation in a regular 24/7 on call rotation.
For a confidential discussion please contact Angelique Wanner, Talent Management Consultant on 02 8922 5596. We are not accepting applications from third party recruiters at this time