We are currently looking for an On-site IT Support Analyst to join our Technology team in Melbourne.
The Firm's Technology function is responsible for designing, developing and maintaining the firm's global technology infrastructure, including architecture, hardware, software, computer networking, communications and data management. The function works closely with lawyers, clients and PBS functions to ensure our technology offering is best-in-class and forward-thinking, allowing the Firm to provide its clients with cutting-edge, innovative legal and business advice via up-to-date technology products and solutions.
- Perform hands-on fixes, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, managing mobile devices, implementing file backups, and configuring applications.
- Owns and drives issues to resolution including escalation to specialized resources within the broader IT organization. Remains engaged on issues until resolution.
- Provide technical support for client facilities such as video conferencing and audio conferencing services.
- Participate in improvements as they relate to the on-site IT environment.
- Serves as an advocate for the organization’s information security management system. Assists customers to work efficiently within the ISMS framework.
- Test fixes to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups to customer requests.
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyse trends for ways to prevent future problems.
- Field incoming requests from customers via both telephone and e-mail in a courteous manner.
- Build rapport with customers.
- Perform preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals.
- Prioritise and escalate problems (when required).
- Record, track, and document problem-solving processes, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
- Understands the essential responsibilities of the position and works to continuously to build and improve the skills necessary to be proficient in the role.
- Supports operates and maintains AV equipment for live meetings and events.
- Provides support and demonstrates expert knowledge for online webinar tools and applications.
- Acts as backup trainer when requested.
Qualifications & Experience
Our ideal candidate would have:
- Experience in the field of computer science, information sciences, or related field for 3 to 5 years.
- Microsoft MCP desired or other appropriate certification.
- Strong knowledge of computer hardware with a focus on workstations and laptops.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows.
Please click here to see a video introducing our Firm.
At Baker McKenzie, we are different in the way we think, work and behave. Like no other law firm, we were born global. Our Australian practice was established in Sydney in 1964, in Melbourne in 1982 and in Brisbane in 2014. Our lawyers work seamlessly with our global colleagues, collectively providing a capacity of more than 5,600 locally qualified lawyers and 6,000 professional staff in 78 locations across 46 countries.
Baker McKenzie Australia can offer you access to complex, market leading matters working with some of the world's best legal minds – people who know the law and who understand business. We have an unrivalled ability to provide training and secondment opportunities across our global network. Locally, we have an inclusive culture of learning, coaching and opportunity where you will work in small teams on matters that often cross borders. We value people who think ahead and get noticed.
Diversity & Inclusion
Baker McKenzie is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive culture for all its employees, with equal opportunity for all to progress and have a meaningful career with our Firm. Our mission is to foster an environment where individuals of every ethnicity, culture, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, religion, age, disability, carer status and working style may succeed professionally and fully contribute to the goals of the Firm. As part of our inclusive culture, we encourage applications from all genders, abilities and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people.
Baker McKenzie provides information and support relating to the recruitment process for transgender and gender diverse candidates. Please let us know if you would like to receive this additional support.
Our bAgile program encourages a range of flexible work opportunities for all. We invite you to let us know of any reasonable adjustments you require to equitably participate in the recruitment process or in performing the requirements of this role.
Please click on the Apply icon to start the online application process for this role. We will be in touch with you once we have reviewed your application. For a confidential discussion and further information, please contact Savannah Miles, Talent Management Coordinator, +61 3 9617 4319.