At Baker McKenzie we are different in the way we think, work and behave. Like no other law firm, we were born global.
Our Australian practice was established in Sydney in 1964, in Melbourne in 1982 and in Brisbane in 2014. Our lawyers work seamlessly with our global colleagues, collectively providing a capacity of more than 5,600 locally qualified lawyers and 6,000 professional staff in 78 locations across 47 countries.
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic Office Administrator to join our small Brisbane office.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing professional, service oriented support to clients, suppliers and staff by conducting all interactions in an efficient, friendly, helpful and articulate manner. This role also provides additional support to lawyers and services staff and manages the office by completing ad-hoc tasks such as mail room responsibilities and meeting room set-up and clearance.
- Greet clients and visitors on arrival in a professional manner.
- Prepare conference rooms for meetings as specified in MRM (Meeting Room Manager) including ordering and setting up catering and equipment as well as preparing tea/ coffee/ other refreshments if requested.
- Answer telephone enquiries in an efficient, friendly and professional manner and redirect as required.
- Provide additional support to secretarial staff.
- Processing of incoming/ outgoing mail including couriers and faxes.
- Delivery of mail in a timely and accurate manner.
- General administrative duties in maintaining relevant reception / switchboard documents.
- Provide assistance with other tasks as requested.
You will have:
- High standard of personal presentation.
- Proven experience in a customer service role (ideally).
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities.
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with internal and external clients.
- Desirable: Advanced Diploma of Business (Legal Practice) or equivalent qualification.
If you are self motivated and excited by the connectivity that a global law firm can offer, then we would like to hear from you. Please click on the Apply icon to start the online application process for this role. We will then be in touch with you once we have reviewed your application.
For a confidential discussion or further information, please contact Kathleen Blackburn, Talent Management Coordinator on 02 8922 5255.