Baker McKenzie's Dispute Resolution Group is one of the Australian office's largest practice groups and has the depth of experience and accomplishment to advise and represent clients in all matters associated with complex commercial disputes. Our eDiscovery and Data Advisory function sits within this team.
Our team includes some of Australia's leading litigation lawyers, each of whom is able to draw on the resources, combined knowledge and experience of the global firm's world class dispute resolution and litigation practice. This means that we have the privilege of being instructed by major national and international organisations in large-scale, complex litigation and dispute resolution across a range of industries and disciplines.
We are currently looking for a Litigation Technology Analyst with 3 years' experience to provide litigation technology support under the supervision of the Manager of GEDA for Australia. The responsibilities would include assisting in organizing and maintaining Electronically Stored Information (ESI) and other litigation documents following standardized protocol implemented to ensure best practices and compliance with requirements for document preservation in all litigation practice group engagements, assisting with and maintaining databases and provide support to the region for all E-Discovery projects, and providing consultation to all offices concerning ESI for collections, processing, review and production.
Skills and experience required
- A minimum of 3 years experience.
- Tertiary qualifications/undergraduate degree required (Information Technology, Computer Science or Law preferred).
- Nuix experience required.
- Administrator experience with Ringtail/Relativity.
- Full cycle litigation experience required.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
Ability to write clear, concise memoranda and reports in response to requests for information and the ability to communicate in an effective, appropriately professional manner with all office personnel, clients and others.
- Strong working knowledge of forensics and electronic discovery.
Must maintain client confidentiality.
- Must be able to work independently, exhibit professionalism and work in a team-oriented environment.
- Must possess good judgment in making decisions and be creative in solving problems.
- Willing to travel domestically and internationally for client engagements as required.
Organizes and Maintains documents and evidence
- Works with associates, staff, clients, counsel and independent consultants to document evidentiary materials related to assigned cases.
- Organizes and indexes case documents and develops document retrieval systems best equipped for the engagement involved.
- Utilizes computer-assisted litigation support systems, including electronic databases and internet.
- Compiles and reviews client documents to assure compliance with litigation hold and other mandatory requirements.
- Assists with collection of documents in both hard copy and electronic form.
- Assists and coordinates all document production where needed, and understands key concepts of electronic discovery and EDRM model.
Manage all database related functions
- Create databases and respond to the needs of department management, legal teams, or clients.
- Design databases and establish workflow to support efficient document reviews.
- Carry out day-today database maintenance, reporting and related document and electronic evidence collection administration, as directed or assigned.
- Work to accurately and efficiently ensure the timely flow and on-line availability of document and electronic evidence collections, as well as the quality of database content and associated document images on all matters throughout the region.
- Manipulate data load files between litigation review platforms to assure quality and cost efficiency of document review projects and document management.
Document collection, management and production
- Manages collection, and runs the technical processing, culling, review and hosting of electronic data as well as all hard copy or opposing productions.
- Coordinate the loading of data, as necessary, obtained from vendors into any firm related databases.
- Create reports to track electronic discovery processing and production.
Technical expertise and advice
- Perform quality and technical control of deliveries from vendors.
- Provides product training on all litigation support tools.
- Maintains current knowledge of available E-Discovery and litigation support systems.
- Provides reporting to aid in all facets of workflow.
- Provides support to case teams on varied levels.
- Train and advise legal teams on the application and efficient use of technology.
- Uses expertise and hands on experience with E-Discovery tools to provide technical solutions for managing data.
- Being familiar with and advising on with Australian Superior Court Practice Notes and common document exchange protocols with other Australian law firms and regulators, preferred.
- Assist with drafting protocols when new matters involving electronic discovery arise.
Salary: $90,000.00 to $100,000.00 (package inclusive of superannuation)
Please click here to see a video introducing our Firm
At Baker McKenzie we are different in the way we think, work and behave. Like no other law firm, we were born global. Our Australian practice was established in Sydney in 1964, in Melbourne in 1982 and in Brisbane in 2014. Our lawyers work seamlessly with our global colleagues, collectively providing a capacity of more than 5,600 locally qualified lawyers and 6,000 professional staff in 78 locations across 47 countries.
Baker McKenzie Australia can offer you access to complex, market leading matters working with some of the world's best legal minds – people who know the law and who understand business. We have an unrivalled ability to provide training and secondment opportunities across our global network. Locally, we have an inclusive culture of learning, coaching and opportunity where you will work in small teams on matters that often cross borders. We value people who think ahead and get noticed.
Diversity & Inclusion
Baker McKenzie is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive culture for all its employees, with equal opportunity for all to progress and have a meaningful career with our Firm. Our mission is to foster an environment where individuals of every ethnicity, culture, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, religion, age, disability, and marital and parental status may succeed professionally and fully contribute to the goals of the Firm.
We believe that diversity within the firm makes us stronger, and that an inclusive workplace will enable our talented workforce to achieve their potential. We celebrate differences, and all of our people are expected to create and maintain an open and supportive culture for everyone.
If you are self-motivated and excited to work in our eDiscovery team with a strong domestic practice coupled with the connectivity that a global law firm can offer, then we would like to hear from you. Please click on the Apply icon to start the online application process for this role. We will then be in touch with you once we have reviewed your application.
For a confidential discussion and further information, please contact Angelique Wanner, Talent Management Consultant, +61 2 8922 5596 or email