Why Baker McKenzie?
At Baker McKenzie not only do we pride ourselves on leading pay and a great culture, joining a leading Global Law firm provides unique development opportunities to grow in a highly supportive working environment throughout all stages of your life. We know our people value flexibility around when and where they work. So we are committed to offering a more adaptable way to work, we call this BAgile. As a highly valued employee we will also provide you with an extensive range of wellbeing, recognition & benefits offerings.
For more information on our benefits click here.
The Legal Clerk is responsible for drafting standardised documents in relation to the annual maintenance and changes to corporate records for a large number of local subsidiary companies and foreign registered companies as well as business name registration and maintenance. This role plays a vital part in providing legal documents to lawyers and external clients.
Key Duties of the role include but not limited to:
- Maintaining and updating the corporate registers for large number of local subsidiary companies and foreign registered companies
- Ensuring compliance of companies with requirements under the Corporations Act 2001
- Drafting documents to effect changes to companies including but not limited to change to directors, issue and transfer of shares and application of corporations instrument 2017/204
- Company registration, change of company name and deregistration
- Drafting director and member resolutions
- Attending to Annual Company Statements (ACS)
- Attending to financial reporting requirements
- Attend to ASIC Lodgements
- Attending to and updating corporate registers
- Use the ASIC Assistant software
- Creating and uploading of online corporate registers
- Maintaining BM online sites
- Assisting with director identification number applications
What we're looking for
Our ideal candidate would have:
- 1-2 years' experience in a similar role
- An understanding of the Corporations Act 2001
- Ability to follow instructions and accept responsibility
- An ability to work independently and proactively
- Excellent organisational skills
- Hard working and positive "can do" attitude
- Attention to detail
- Keen learner and contributor
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work with volume
- Ability to multi-task and work as part of a team
- Professional presentation
* please note we are not looking for people with Law degrees, or those studying to become Lawyers.
About the team
Corporate Secretariat is at the forefront of providing corporate secretarial services to major Australian and global companies. Baker McKenzie provides company secretarial services with a full team of dedicated paralegals to ensure that our work is carried out in a professional and cost efficient manner.
About the Firm
At Baker McKenzie, we are different in the way we think, work and behave. Like no other law firm, we were born global. Our Australian practice was established in Sydney in 1964, in Melbourne in 1982 and in Brisbane in 2014. Our lawyers work seamlessly with our global colleagues, collectively providing a capacity of more than 5,600 locally qualified lawyers and 6,000 professional staff in 78 locations across 46 countries.
Baker McKenzie Australia can offer you access to complex, market leading matters working with some of the world's best legal minds – people who know the law and who understand business. We have an unrivalled ability to provide training and secondment opportunities across our global network.
Diversity & Inclusion
Baker McKenzie is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive culture for all its employees, with equal opportunity for all to progress and have a meaningful career with our Firm.
Our application process
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
As part of our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive we encourage applications from all genders, abilities and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people.