We are currently looking for a Leadership & Learning Manager to join our APAC People team in Sydney or Melbourne. The role is responsible for the Firm's Leadership & Learning strategy in all APAC offices by designing and delivering virtual and F2F learning programs.
- Consult with Partners and Business Support Directors to crystallise learning needs and develop learning plans for their groups.
- Engage with the Australia and AP Talent Management Teams to develop talent.
- Design and present in regional webinars and milestone development programs.
- Align local office programs to regional and global learning programs across all levels.
- Project manage and implement learning programs.
- Select and liaise with internal and external presenters.
- Collaborate with junior team members and teams located in service centres to: (1) discharge administrative work; (2) ensure attendance and Continuous Professional Development (CPD) records are tracked and are in full compliance with Firm and Australia requirements; and (3) improve on existing processes.
- Plan and manage learning budget for the Australian offices.
- Manage Executive Coaching arrangements and coaching services.
- Manage Australian Study Assistance program.
Qualifications & Experience
Our ideal candidate would have:
- Undergraduate qualification and/or progress towards a qualification in Learning & Development or a related field.
- Experience in a similar role in a large corporate or professional services environment. Law firm experience desirable.
- Strong consulting, design and facilitation skills including skills training relating to communication and interpersonal skills, presentation skills, leadership and management skills, and career management.
- Technical learning design skills and ability to deliver practical solutions.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a matrix and geographically dispersed environment.
- People management and supervisory skills.
- Ability to design programs, initiatives and materials in consultation with business leaders and subject matter experts.
- Growth mindset in developing self and others on the team.
- Ability to adapt to change and "can do" attitude.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
The Firm’s People function has responsibility for recruiting, supporting, and developing all of the Firm’s people, including our Partners, Lawyers and Professional & Business Services, working closely with the Firm’s leadership to design and deliver the Firm’s people strategy, building on the Firm’s core commitments to collaboration, excellence and inclusivity. The function includes:
- Talent Management
- Recruitment & Mobility
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Leadership & Learning
- Careers & Performance
- Partner Services
- Total Rewards
Please click here to see a video introducing our Firm.
At Baker McKenzie, we are different in the way we think, work and behave. Like no other law firm, we were born global. Our Australian practice was established in Sydney in 1964, in Melbourne in 1982 and in Brisbane in 2014. Our lawyers work seamlessly with our global colleagues, collectively providing a capacity of more than 5,600 locally qualified lawyers and 6,000 professional staff in 78 locations across 46 countries.
Baker McKenzie Australia can offer you access to complex, market leading matters working with some of the world's best legal minds – people who know the law and who understand business. We have an unrivalled ability to provide training and secondment opportunities across our global network. Locally, we have an inclusive culture of learning, coaching and opportunity where you will work in small teams on matters that often cross borders. We value people who think ahead and get noticed.
Diversity & Inclusion
Baker McKenzie is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive culture for all its employees, with equal opportunity for all to progress and have a meaningful career with our Firm. Our mission is to foster an environment where individuals of every ethnicity, culture, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, religion, age, disability, carer status and working style may succeed professionally and fully contribute to the goals of the Firm. As part of our inclusive culture, we encourage applications from all genders, abilities and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people.
Our bAgile program encourages a range of flexible work opportunities for all. We invite you to let us know of any reasonable adjustments you require to equitably participate in the recruitment process or in performing the requirements of this role.
Please click on the Apply icon to start the online application process for this role. We will be in touch with you once we have reviewed your application. For a confidential discussion and further information, please contact Angelique Holden, Talent Management Consultant, 02 8922 5596.