We are currently looking for a full-time Document Specialist to join our Operations team in Sydney. Our Document Specialists provide document support to a range of different and diverse Practice Groups.
Key Duties of the role include but are not limited to:
- Producing presentations, reports, pitches and graphic solutions including visual effects such as charts, graphics and illustrations within the Firm's visual identity guidelines and in accordance with copyright laws
- Producing typed documents such as letters, memos, contracts, agreements using the Firm's styles and templates
- Producing document comparisons
- Typing digital dictation
- Creating and amending pdf forms
- Creating mail merges
- Converting documents to and from PDF
- Converting media file types
- Fixing document corruption and formatting issues
- Stripping of metadata in documents and applying redaction
- Reviewing all documents (spell checking, grammar, sense, amendments and presentation) before returning work
- Utilising Document Services to create and amend standard and less complex documents
- Understanding of and adherence to the KPAs and Personal Qualities, as defined in the Business Services Development Framework
- Creating client/matter transaction bibles
Qualifications & Experience
Our ideal candidate would have
- Previous experience in a similar role, ideally in a legal firm or professional services environment;
- Minimum typing speed of 80 wpm (90% accuracy rate);
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft 2010 Word 80% and PowerPoint 75%;
- Intermediate proficiency in iManage Work 10 and iManage Share;
- Intermediate proficiency in Lawdocs;
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft 2010 Excel and Outlook 60%;
- Intermediate proficiency in Philips SpeechExec (Digital Dictation);
- Intermediate proficiency in Litera Change-Pro 10 or equivalent (Document Comparison);
- Technical proficiency in Foxit PhantomPDF 10 or Adobe suite;
- Intermediate proficiency in pdfDocs Binder preferred;
- Intermediate proficiency in VLC Media Player preferred or equivalent;
- ability to work well in a team environment (including across Australian offices and internationally);
- willingness to learn; and
- willingness to develop others through mentoring and sharing experiences.
Please click here to see a video introducing our Firm.
At Baker McKenzie, we are different in the way we think, work and behave. Like no other law firm, we were born global. Our Australian practice was established in Sydney in 1964, in Melbourne in 1982 and in Brisbane in 2014. Our lawyers work seamlessly with our global colleagues, collectively providing a capacity of more than 5,600 locally qualified lawyers and 6,000 professional staff in 78 locations across 46 countries.
Baker McKenzie Australia can offer you access to complex, market leading matters working with some of the world's best legal minds – people who know the law and who understand business. We have an unrivalled ability to provide training and secondment opportunities across our global network. Locally, we have an inclusive culture of learning, coaching and opportunity where you will work in small teams on matters that often cross borders. We value people who think ahead and get noticed.
Diversity & Inclusion
Baker McKenzie is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive culture for all its employees, with equal opportunity for all to progress and have a meaningful career with our Firm. Our mission is to foster an environment where individuals of every ethnicity, culture, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, religion, age, disability, carer status and working style may succeed professionally and fully contribute to the goals of the Firm. As part of our inclusive culture, we encourage applications from all genders, abilities and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people.
Baker McKenzie provides information and support relating to the recruitment process for transgender and gender diverse candidates. Please let us know if you would like to receive this additional support.
Our bAgile program encourages a range of flexible work opportunities for all. We invite you to let us know of any reasonable adjustments you require to equitably participate in the recruitment process or in performing the requirements of this role.
We welcome applications from all candidates, and male candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Please click on the Apply icon to start the online application process for this role. We will be in touch with you once we have reviewed your application. For a confidential discussion and further information, please contact Holly McKnight, Talent Management Coordinator, +61 2 8922 5212.