Why Baker McKenzie?
At Baker McKenzie not only do we pride ourselves on leading pay and a great culture, joining a leading Global Law firm provides unique development opportunities to grow in a highly supportive working environment throughout all stages of your life. We know our people value flexibility around when and where they work. So we are committed to offering a more adaptable way to work, we call this BAgile. As a highly valued employee we will also provide you with an extensive range of wellbeing, recognition & benefits offerings.
For more information on our benefits click here
The Corporate Services Clerk is responsible for providing a range of administrative services across the Office Services team and Records Management team. This will include handling day-to-day tasks for a number of office floors in addition to providing mail room and courier desk and records management services.
- Responsibility for managing office services requests for one or more office floors in a timely and effective manner.
- Ensuring stationery supplies and office equipment supplies are maintained;
- Assisting with photocopying and binding as required;
- Monitoring Australian Fax in-box
- Respond to ad hoc office administration requests from staff;
- Assist in the coordination of office movements and workstation sets ups, which will occur on some occasions, outside standard work hours and during weekends;
- Placing service calls as required;
- Ensures the timely processing of security cards for new employees each week;
- Attend to Post Office when required;
- Attend to hand deliveries when required;
- Executes office services policy when programming floor access to each new security card; and
- Liaises with JLL Building management on any issues relating to security card programming.
- Records Management: Responding to folder registration requests (including printing, scanning and dispatching bar coded file labels) on a daily basis;
- Assist with all requests for retrieval of off site boxes
- Continual monitoring of, and responding to, Records Management email inbox.
- Assisting with the processing of incoming/outgoing mail including couriers and faxes;
- Assisting with the delivery of mail in a timely and accurate manner;
- Liaise with secretaries, lawyers and partners on all aspects of the mail process
- Supply and record visitor and employee day passes
- Courier Desk: General responsibility for all incoming and outgoing couriers; coordinate the processing and delivery of couriered mail in a timely manner; and assist with daily courier runs.
What we're looking for -
- Previous experience providing support in an office or team environment is preferred but not essential;
- Basic skill level in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel & Outlook;
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills;
- Demonstrates strong customer service skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritise and manage time
About the Firm
At Baker McKenzie, we are different in the way we think, work and behave. Like no other law firm, we were born global. Our Australian practice was established in Sydney in 1964, in Melbourne in 1982 and in Brisbane in 2014. Our lawyers work seamlessly with our global colleagues, collectively providing a capacity of more than 5,600 locally qualified lawyers and 6,000 professional staff in 78 locations across 46 countries.
Baker McKenzie Australia can offer you access to complex, market leading matters working with some of the world's best legal minds – people who know the law and who understand business. We have an unrivalled ability to provide training and secondment opportunities across our global network.
Diversity & Inclusion
Baker McKenzie is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive culture for all its employees, with equal opportunity for all to progress and have a meaningful career with our Firm.
Our application process
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
As part of our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive we encourage applications from all genders, abilities and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people.