Why Baker McKenzie?
At Baker McKenzie not only do we pride ourselves on leading pay and a great culture, joining a leading Global Law firm provides unique development opportunities to grow in a highly supportive working environment throughout all stages of your life. We know our people value flexibility around when and where they work. So we are committed to offering a more adaptable way to work, we call this BAgile. As a highly valued employee we will also provide you with an extensive range of wellbeing, recognition & benefits offerings.
The Business Development & Events Coordinator role will play a key role in the execution of the Firm’s Australian Client Program (ACP), Industry Program and strategic business development and marketing initiatives.
Reporting to the BDMC Director, this position is part of the national Business Development and Marketing team, and requires collaboration with team members across Sydney and Melbourne to provide proactive, reliable and timely marketing advice and services.
The role is critical in connecting with regional and global clients and industry programs to ensure alignment, consistency and collaboration.
The role assists with the management of the Australian Client Program (ACP) which includes; matter debriefs and annual relationship reviews, general reporting, and program review and analysis
You will assist the client relationship partner in the day-to-day management of the client team and relationship as well as owning and managing the execution of selected client plans and budgets and all related activity including; assisting the client relationship partner in the day-to-day management of the client team and relationship; driving research and analysis to ensure client trends are identified and opportunities are leveraged; identifying, capturing and managing client, market and firm intelligence (including client and industry information, client contact details.
The BDMC function works closely with our Partners and leadership teams to:
- Increase our revenue, profitability and share across markets, industries and clients.
- Enable us to win, retain and grow business through powerful pitches, engaging thought leadership and strong relationship management.
- Lead market and client intelligence efforts to create new service line opportunities in industry and practice groups.
- Channel the Baker McKenzie brand, identity and culture through a single communications voice
What we're looking for -
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant work experience
- Good experience in marketing business development, ideally within a professional services firm
- High degree of proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite and Interaction
- Excellent writing skills with a persuasive writing style
- Strong analytical and numeracy skills, i.e. ability to conduct desk research across various sources and succinctly distil into key issues
- Genuine interest in business and market trends and ability to align these with an organisation’s strategic direction
- Demonstrated creativity and lateral thinking
- A ‘can do’ attitude and flexible approach is a must as this role is both operational and strategic
- Excellent interpersonal skills with highly attuned listening, written and verbal communication skills
- Proven influencing and persuasion skills
- Ability to flex style to work effectively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and strong organisational skills.
- Ability to form effective relationships with demanding internal clients
About the Firm
At Baker McKenzie, we are different in the way we think, work and behave. Like no other law firm, we were born global. Our Australian practice was established in Sydney in 1964, in Melbourne in 1982 and in Brisbane in 2014. Our lawyers work seamlessly with our global colleagues, collectively providing a capacity of more than 5,600 locally qualified lawyers and 6,000 professional staff in 78 locations across 46 countries.
Baker McKenzie Australia can offer you access to complex, market leading matters working with some of the world's best legal minds – people who know the law and who understand business. We have an unrivalled ability to provide training and secondment opportunities across our global network.
Diversity & Inclusion
Baker McKenzie is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive culture for all its employees, with equal opportunity for all to progress and have a meaningful career with our Firm.
Our application process
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
As part of our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive we encourage applications from all genders, abilities and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people.