Please click here to see a video introducing our Firm.
At Baker McKenzie we are different in the way we think, work and behave. Like no other law firm, we were born global. Our Australian practice was established in Sydney in 1964, in Melbourne in 1982 and in Brisbane in 2014. Our lawyers work seamlessly with our global colleagues, collectively providing a capacity of more than 5,600 locally qualified lawyers and 6,000 professional staff in 78 locations across 47 countries.
Baker McKenzie Australia can offer you access to complex, market leading matters working with some of the world's best legal minds – people who know the law and who understand business. We have an unrivalled ability to provide training and secondment opportunities across our global network. Locally, we have an inclusive culture of learning, coaching and opportunity where you will work in small teams on matters that often cross borders. We value people who think ahead and get noticed.
We are currently seeking a part time (FTE 0.78) Client Services Assistant/Receptionist to join our Operations team in the Melbourne office. As the first point of contact this role is responsible for providing professional, service oriented support to the general public, clients and staff by conducting all interactions in an efficient, friendly, helpful and articulate manner.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Greet clients and visitors on arrival in a professional manner;
- Coordinate meeting room bookings with other Baker McKenzie offices as required;
- Organise equipment for meetings rooms as requested;
- Effective liaison with Receptionist and Client Services Assistants to ensure employees and visitors are attended to in a timely and professional manner;
- Ensure the Reception area is well-presented and professional at all times;
- Maintain a high standard of personal presentation reflecting the professional reputation of the firm;
- Offer, prepare and serve refreshments to internal and external clients;
- Ensure client meeting rooms are maintained in a presentable manner;
- Flexibility with work hours required to cover leave and absences of other receptionist and client services assistants; and
- Provide assistance with other tasks as requested
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- A high standard of personal presentation;
- Proven experience in a corporate receptionist and/or client services role;
- An ability to manage competing priorities; and
- A problem solving mindset
Diversity & Inclusion
Baker McKenzie is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive culture for all its employees, with equal opportunity for all to progress and have a meaningful career with our Firm. Our mission is to foster an environment where individuals of every ethnicity, culture, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, religion, age, disability, carer status and working style may succeed professionally and fully contribute to the goals of the Firm. As part of our inclusive culture, we encourage applications from all genders, abilities and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people.
Baker McKenzie provides information and support relating to the recruitment process for transgender and gender diverse candidates. Please let us know if you would like to receive this additional support.
Our bAgile program encourages a range of flexible work opportunities for all. We invite you to let us know of any reasonable adjustments you require to equitably participate in the recruitment process or in performing the requirements of this role.
We welcome applications from all candidates, and male candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
If you are self-motivated and excited by the connectivity that a global law firm can offer, then we would like to hear from you. Please click on the apply icon to start the online application process for this role. We will then be in touch with you once we have reviewed your application.
For further information please contact Lisa Eskander, Senior Manager, Talent Management at Lisa.Eskander@Bakermckenzie.com