Why Baker McKenzie?
At Baker McKenzie not only do we pride ourselves on leading pay and a great culture, joining a leading Global Law firm provides unique development opportunities to grow in a highly supportive working environment throughout all stages of your life. We know our people value flexibility around when and where they work. So we are committed to offering a more adaptable way to work, we call this BAgile. As a highly valued employee we will also provide you with an extensive range of wellbeing, recognition & benefits offerings.
For more information on our benefits click here
We are currently looking for a Client Services Assistant to join our Operations team in Melbourne.
Our AOR function supports and manages the day-to-day operations of the Firm, providing expert and in-market support regarding office management, office services and facilities, real estate management, risk management, and secretarial and administrative services.
- Offer, prepare and serve refreshments to internal and external clients
- Keep updated on upcoming functions and events
- Provide administrative assistance to internal and external clients if required
- Ensure client meeting rooms are maintained in a presentable manner
- Set up and clear conference rooms, ensuring all surfaces are clean and the room is always tidy and presentable
- Answer kitchen phone and/or mobile to attend to arising matters
- Record and action catering requests made by Reception, internal clients or directly from the conference rooms
- Organise catering for in-house events and ensure all catering set ups are completed 15 minutes before the requested time
- Apply knowledge of food preparation hygiene and alcohol consumption
- Assist with the set-up of AV equipment, multimedia devices, televisions, monitors, projectors and recording equipment
- Coverage for breaks and leave requirements of Receptionists
- Keep catering kitchen clean and tidy
- Ensure all facilities are in good working order and supplies are stocked in cupboards, storeroom and fridges
- Monitor cleanliness and tidiness of kitchenettes on levels 18 and 19
- Ensure client meeting room facilities are in good working order, and glasses are available in conference rooms
- Report any maintenance and Occupational Health & Safety issues to the Operations team
What we're looking for -
Our ideal candidate would have:
- Demonstrates technical and professional knowledge relevant to role
- Understands how to get things done
- Able to analyze situations and information
- Makes suggestions and recommendations
- Seeks feedback and takes action to improve own performance
- Is keen to learn and develop.
- Takes personal responsibility for tasks
- Demonstrates a proactive approach
- Consistently produces quality work
- Completes all tasks to a high professional standard
- Maintains B&M standards.
Time and Work Management
- Effectively prioritises and manages time
- Consistently meets deadlines
- Assists with urgent work outside standard hours
- Keeps Manager up to date with progress.
- Manages day to day responsibilities as well as relevant projects
- Leverages available resources
- Able to work under pressure and remain focused
- Meets project deadlines or negotiates necessary changes
- Keeps stakeholders up to date with progress.
Attitude and Approach
- Consistently demonstrates a positive attitude and approach
- Ability to interact with a range of people at all levels
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and dedication
- Consistently displays initiative by finding own work and assisting Manager without instruction
- Focuses on the needs of internal and external clients/contacts where relevant
- Builds relationships with stakeholders
- Maintains a courteous and professional manner in all dealings.
- Able to communicate (written and verbal) effectively and clearly
- Able to present information concisely and professionally
- Deals with sensitive information in an appropriate manner.
- Contributes to the effective functioning of the team
- Sought by others for advice and support; sets an example.
- Previous experience within a customer service role in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Some experience or technical knowledge of teleconferencing, presentation, and other AV equipment would be preferable.
About the Firm
At Baker McKenzie, we are different in the way we think, work and behave. Like no other law firm, we were born global. Our Australian practice was established in Sydney in 1964, in Melbourne in 1982 and in Brisbane in 2014. Our lawyers work seamlessly with our global colleagues, collectively providing a capacity of more than 5,600 locally qualified lawyers and 6,000 professional staff in 78 locations across 46 countries.
Baker McKenzie Australia can offer you access to complex, market leading matters working with some of the world's best legal minds – people who know the law and who understand business. We have an unrivalled ability to provide training and secondment opportunities across our global network.
Diversity & Inclusion
Baker McKenzie is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive culture for all its employees, with equal opportunity for all to progress and have a meaningful career with our Firm.
Our application process
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
As part of our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive we encourage applications from all genders, abilities and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people.