The Firm’s BDMC function works closely with our Partners and leadership teams to:
- Increase our revenue, profitability and share across markets, industries and clients
- Enable us to win, retain and grow business through powerful pitches, engaging thought leadership and strong relationship management
- Lead market & client intelligence efforts to create new service line opportunities in industry and practice groups
- Channel the Baker McKenzie brand, identity and culture through a single communications voice
We are seeking a motivated Business Development professional for a contract period of 12 months. The purpose of this role is to support the Senior Business Development Manager, Transactional Practice Groups; manage the strategic focus of the In-Market operations of the Transactional Practice Groups in the Australian offices; coordinate the BDMC function's office resources and develop a strategic focused, market-leading BDMC business-partnering capability which enables the Transactional Practice Groups in the Australian offices to win, retain and grow business through consistently high standards, engaging thought leadership as well as strong relationship and account management.
This role will also directly support the Major Projects and Corporate Practice Group in the Australian offices.
Skills and Experience Required
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant work experience
- Significant experience in a marketing and/or business development role, preferably in a professional services environment
- Experience working with senior stakeholders and developing relationships with them
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage competing priorities
- Strong judgment and ability to make well-reasoned independent decisions
- Advanced understanding of strategic marketing and communications
- Self-motivated and independent, able to work with a minimum of supervision
- Comfortable working across multiple cultures and time zones in a matrix organization
- Strong interpersonal skills, including pleasant nature and ability to influence other
Please click here to see a video introducing our Firm
At Baker McKenzie we are different in the way we think, work and behave. Like no other law firm, we were born global. Our Australian practice was established in Sydney in 1964, in Melbourne in 1982 and in Brisbane in 2014. Our lawyers work seamlessly with our global colleagues, collectively providing a capacity of more than 5,600 locally qualified lawyers and 6,000 professional staff in 78 locations across 47 countries.
Baker McKenzie helps clients overcome the challenges of competing in the global economy. We solve complex legal problems across borders and practice areas. Our unique culture, developed over 65 years, enables our people to understand local markets and navigate multiple jurisdictions, working together as trusted colleagues and friends to instill confidence in our clients. This is an exciting time to join us as we invest in and further develop our Professional & Business Services organisation, providing rewarding and challenging career opportunities in all of our world-class business functions.
Diversity & Inclusion
Baker McKenzie is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive culture for all its employees, with equal opportunity for all to progress and have a meaningful career with our Firm. Our mission is to foster an environment where individuals of every ethnicity, culture, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, religion, age, disability, and marital and parental status may succeed professionally and fully contribute to the goals of the Firm. Our unique international culture is reflected in the drawing together of a worldwide family of individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds in all of our offices. We encourage the best people - regardless of race, religion or belief if any, gender, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation or age - to fulfill their professional aspirations with us.
We believe that diversity within the firm makes us stronger, and that an inclusive workplace will enable our talented workforce to achieve their potential. We celebrate differences, and all of our people are expected to create and maintain an open and supportive culture for everyone.
If you are self motivated and excited by the connectivity that a global law firm can offer, then we would like to hear from you. Please click on the Apply icon to start the online application process for this role. We will then be in touch with you once we have reviewed your application.
For a confidential discussion and further information, please contact Hollie Jones, Senior Professional Development Consultant, 03 9617 4478.