We are currently looking for a Senior Associate with 3-5 years' experience to join our IPTech team in Sydney.
Baker McKenzie thrives in the face of constant innovation and profitability with the technology of tomorrow. Continuous innovation is essential if organisations want to take full advantage of new opportunities, making it crucial for companies to become more efficient and creative in how they develop, source, and use technology.
We have amassed a wealth of experience over the past four decades as a global leader that offers scalable, flexible solutions customised to clients' needs, budget and resources, across diverse business functions and operation locations. We are the largest Data & Technology Group in the world, ranked Band 1 by Chambers Global for TMT, Data Protection and Outsourcing by Chambers Global for 13 consecutive years.
Our lawyers work across borders and practice areas to advise providers and users on technology, outsourcing, data privacy, information management, communications and mobility issues — designing compliance programs to protect critical business interests and using novel structures for new technology offerings. No other law firm has more experience helping clients navigate the legal and commercial risks on the sourcing, use and provision of technology.
Thanks to our collaborative approach, we can help our clients to remain compliant, innovative and profitable in what remains a quickly evolving industry.
Qualifications & Experience
Our ideal candidate would have:
- 3-5 years' experience in complex corporate commercial and technology work, preferably working within a similar large firm environment with a focus on larger, transactional deals;
- strong experience in drafting technology contracts and agreements, and providing general advice on the supply and procurement of goods or services in the technology sector. Exposure to healthcare industry clients would be desirable;
- relevant experience in a top tier or leading international firm preferred;
- a strong client service orientation;
- strong technical, drafting and commercial skills;
- business development aptitude, interest, and experience;
- relevant legal qualifications;
- a strong academic background;
- excellent analytical, communication, and research skills;
- a commitment to high work standards and strong attention to detail;
- an ability to demonstrate initiative and proactivity;
- an ability to develop strong relationships with clients and to take responsibility for this relationship;
- an ability to work well in a team environment (including across Australian offices and internationally);
- a willingness to learn; and
- a willingness to develop others through mentoring and sharing experiences.
Please click here to see a video introducing our Firm.
At Baker McKenzie, we are different in the way we think, work and behave. Like no other law firm, we were born global. Our Australian practice was established in Sydney in 1964, in Melbourne in 1982 and in Brisbane in 2014. Our lawyers work seamlessly with our global colleagues, collectively providing a capacity of more than 5,600 locally qualified lawyers and 6,000 professional staff in 78 locations across 46 countries.
Baker McKenzie Australia can offer you access to complex, market leading matters working with some of the world's best legal minds – people who know the law and who understand business. We have an unrivalled ability to provide training and secondment opportunities across our global network. Locally, we have an inclusive culture of learning, coaching and opportunity where you will work in small teams on matters that often cross borders. We value people who think ahead and get noticed.
Diversity & Inclusion
Baker McKenzie is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive culture for all its employees, with equal opportunity for all to progress and have a meaningful career with our Firm. Our mission is to foster an environment where individuals of every ethnicity, culture, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, religion, age, disability, carer status and working style may succeed professionally and fully contribute to the goals of the Firm. As part of our inclusive culture, we encourage applications from all genders, abilities and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people.
Baker McKenzie provides information and support relating to the recruitment process for transgender and gender diverse candidates. Please let us know if you would like to receive this additional support.
Our bAgile program encourages a range of flexible work opportunities for all. We invite you to let us know of any reasonable adjustments you require to equitably participate in the recruitment process or in performing the requirements of this role.
Please click on the Apply icon to start the online application process for this role. We will be in touch with you once we have reviewed your application. For a confidential discussion and further information, please contact Nicola Bell, Talent Management Consultant, +61 2 8922 5272.