Why Baker McKenzie?
At Baker McKenzie not only do we pride ourselves on leading pay and a great culture, joining a leading Global Law firm provides unique development opportunities to grow in a highly supportive working environment throughout all stages of your life. We know our people value flexibility around when and where they work. So we are committed to offering a more adaptable way to work, we call this BAgile. As a highly valued employee we will also provide you with an extensive range of wellbeing, recognition & benefits offerings.
Our national Construction Group works collaboratively, sharing resources across our three national offices on domestic and international projects. We also work closely with our major projects, renewables, and commercial real estate teams.
You will work on:
- Broad front-end construction and projects work, with a focus on infrastructure work
- Work for leading Australian and international clients, including government, principals, d&c contractors, service contractors and financers
- Work with our construction and projects partners across our integrated national team
- Work closely with our property, renewables and banking and finance teams on leading projects
- Be part of a growing and high-performing team
Our national Construction Group provides legal services in respect to domestic and international project types such as:
- Energy, Renewables and Power;
- Transport and Infrastructure;
- Defence; • Telecommunications;
- Commercial Offices, Hotels, Retail, and Industrial;
- Major Residential; and
- Telecommunications, Software, and Technology
What we're looking for -
- Minimum 3-5 years' PQE in a recognised law firm’s construction, infrastructure, energy, resources or projects practices. Construction lawyers who are currently in-house but would like to return to private practice would also be suitable.
- Have hands-on experience working predominately on the front-end side of infrastructure, renewables, solar and wind products. Candidates with experience in other contract law-based practice areas such as in telecommunications/technology may also be suitable.
- Strong technical, drafting and commercial skills.
- A strong academic background.
- A strong client service ethic, initiative and drive.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Business development aptitude, interest, and experience.
- Relevant legal qualifications.
- Commitment to high work standards.
- Be self-motivated with strong attention to detail.
- Develop strong relationships with clients.
- Demonstrate a willingness to integrate into our national practice with flexibility and confidence to work across multiple jurisdictions.
About the Firm
At Baker McKenzie, we are different in the way we think, work and behave. Like no other law firm, we were born global. Our Australian practice was established in Sydney in 1964, in Melbourne in 1982 and in Brisbane in 2014. Our lawyers work seamlessly with our global colleagues, collectively providing a capacity of more than 5,600 locally qualified lawyers and 6,000 professional staff in 78 locations across 46 countries.
Baker McKenzie Australia can offer you access to complex, market leading matters working with some of the world's best legal minds - people who know the law and who understand business. We have an unrivalled ability to provide training and secondment opportunities across our global network.
Diversity & Inclusion
Baker McKenzie is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive culture for all its employees, with equal opportunity for all to progress and have a meaningful career with our Firm.
Our application process
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
As part of our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive we encourage applications from all genders, abilities and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people.