We are looking for a motivated lawyer looking for their next challenge to join our Brisbane office's Restructuring & Insolvency and Dispute Resolution team.
Our specialist Restructuring & Insolvency team has an impressive track record and market reputation in many of Australia's largest and most complex restructuring transactions, cross border matters, formal insolvencies and adjacent litigation on a local, regional and international level. The role sits within the national Dispute Resolution team, as a core part of the Bakers' Brisbane team, working across a range of industries.
You will work closely with, and mentored by, our Brisbane Restructuring & Insolvency partner, and be part of our well-integrated national practice.
What we're looking for -
- three to five years post qualification experience, with a background working in a team focusing on restructuring and insolvency preferred;
- dispute resolution experience;
- a strong client service orientation;
- an ability to work well in a team environment (including across Australian offices and internationally);
- strong technical, drafting and commercial skills;
- business development aptitude, interest, and experience;
- excellent analytical, communication, and research skills;
- a commitment to high work standards and strong attention to detail;
- an ability to demonstrate initiative and proactivity;
- an ability to develop strong relationships with clients and to take responsibility for this relationship;
- a willingness to learn.
Why Baker McKenzie?
At Baker McKenzie, we are different in the way we think, work and behave. Like no other law firm, we were born global. Our lawyers work seamlessly with our global colleagues, collectively providing a capacity of more than 5,600 locally qualified lawyers and 6,000 professional staff in 78 locations across 46 countries.
Baker McKenzie Australia can offer you access to complex, market leading matters working with some of the world's best legal minds - people who know the law and who understand business. We have an unrivalled ability to provide training and secondment opportunities across our global network.
At Baker McKenzie not only do we pride ourselves on leading pay and a great culture, joining a leading Global Law firm provides unique development opportunities to grow in a highly supportive working environment. We know our people value flexibility around when and where they work. As a highly valued employee we will also provide you with an extensive range of wellbeing, recognition & benefits offerings.
For more information on our benefits click here
Known for our practical, commercial advice and problem solving, as well as our cross border capability, we have the privilege of being instructed by major national and international organisations and leading insolvency practitioners in large-scale, complex restructuring and insolvency assignments, across a range of industries and disciplines.
Diversity & Inclusion
Baker McKenzie is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive culture for all its employees, with equal opportunity for all to progress and have a meaningful career with our Firm.
Our application process
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
As part of our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive we encourage applications from all genders, abilities and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people.