Why Baker McKenzie?
At Baker McKenzie not only do we pride ourselves on leading pay and a great culture, joining a leading Global Law firm provides unique development opportunities to grow in a highly supportive working environment throughout all stages of your life. We know our people value flexibility around when and where they work. So we are committed to offering a more adaptable way to work, we call this BAgile. As a highly valued employee we will also provide you with an extensive range of wellbeing, recognition & benefits offerings.
For more information on our benefits click here
The role sits within the national Dispute Resolution team, as a core part of the Bakers' Brisbane team.
Our specialist Restructuring & Insolvency team has an impressive track record and market reputation in many of Australia's largest and most complex restructuring transactions, formal insolvencies and adjacent litigation on a local, regional and international level.
Known for our practical, commercial advice and problem solving, as well as our cross border capability, we have the privilege of being instructed by major national and international organisations and leading insolvency practitioners in large-scale, complex restructuring and insolvency assignments, across a range of industries and disciplines.
Our experience is reflected in recent rankings, with the team recognised in Chambers & Partners Asia Pacific, Legal 500 Best Lawyers, Doyle's Guide, Who's Who Legal and the inaugural Lawdragon 500 Leading Global Restructuring & Insolvency Lawyers listing for 2020.
Baker McKenzie is proudly one of INSOL International's G36 firms, and a platinum sponsor of the TMA in Australia, and an active participant in both organisations.
What we're looking for -
- minimum six years' experience in restructuring and insolvency (preferred, but will consider strong candidates with broader experience, including from four years post qualification)
- dispute resolution experience
- preference given where have undertaken the ARITA Advanced Certification course;
- a strong client service orientation;
- an ability to work well in a team environment (including across Australian offices and internationally);
- strong technical, drafting and commercial skills;
- business development aptitude, interest, and experience;
- relevant legal qualifications;
- excellent analytical, communication, and research skills;
- a commitment to high work standards and strong attention to detail;
- an ability to demonstrate initiative and proactivity;
- an ability to develop strong relationships with clients and to take responsibility for this relationship;
- a willingness to learn; and
- a willingness to develop others through mentoring and sharing experiences.
About the Firm
At Baker McKenzie, we are different in the way we think, work and behave. Like no other law firm, we were born global. Our Australian practice was established in Sydney in 1964, in Melbourne in 1982 and in Brisbane in 2014. Our lawyers work seamlessly with our global colleagues, collectively providing a capacity of more than 5,600 locally qualified lawyers and 6,000 professional staff in 78 locations across 46 countries.
Baker McKenzie Australia can offer you access to complex, market leading matters working with some of the world's best legal minds - people who know the law and who understand business. We have an unrivalled ability to provide training and secondment opportunities across our global network.
Diversity & Inclusion
Baker McKenzie is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive culture for all its employees, with equal opportunity for all to progress and have a meaningful career with our Firm.
Our application process
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
As part of our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive we encourage applications from all genders, abilities and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people.