We are currently seeking a regulatory Associate with 3-6 years' experience in regulation and compliance in the healthcare and life sciences industry to join our IP Practice Group in Sydney.
Baker McKenzie has the world's pre-eminent Intellectual Property practice and Healthcare industry group, and is the recognised leader in the Asia-Pacific region.
Our Australian practice is an integral part of the Firm's global and regional IP and healthcare network and a vital contributor to the success of the worldwide practice.
Qualifications & Experience
- 3-6 years' experience, preferably from a specialist practice with a focus on healthcare;
- experience in providing related support to clients in the healthcare industry is desirable, for example in commercial matters (e.g. distribution agreements, licensing, ACL, privacy advice) or contentious matters (e.g. patents, IP enforcement, administrative disputes);
- science background or qualifications will be viewed favourably;
- food regulatory expertise, and/or experience an interest in trade regulation (import / export / supply chain) will be viewed favourably;
- business development aptitude, interest, and experience;
- relevant legal qualifications;
- strong academic background;
- excellent analytical, communication, negotiation and research skills;
- commitment to high work standards;
- ability to demonstrate initiative and proactivity;
- ability to develop strong relationships with clients and to take responsibility for this relationship;
- ability to work well in a team environment (including across Australian offices and internationally);
- willingness to learn; and
- willingness to develop others through mentoring and sharing experiences.
Please click here to see a video introducing our Firm.
At Baker McKenzie, we are different in the way we think, work and behave. Like no other law firm, we were born global. Our Australian practice was established in Sydney in 1964, in Melbourne in 1982 and in Brisbane in 2014. Our lawyers work seamlessly with our global colleagues, collectively providing a capacity of more than 5,600 locally qualified lawyers and 6,000 professional staff in 78 locations across 46 countries.
Baker McKenzie Australia can offer you access to complex, market leading matters working with some of the world's best legal minds – people who know the law and who understand business. We have an unrivalled ability to provide training and secondment opportunities across our global network. Locally, we have an inclusive culture of learning, coaching and opportunity where you will work in small teams on matters that often cross borders. We value people who think ahead and get noticed.
Diversity & Inclusion
Baker McKenzie is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive culture for all its employees, with equal opportunity for all to progress and have a meaningful career with our Firm. Our mission is to foster an environment where individuals of every ethnicity, culture, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, religion, age, disability, carer status and working style may succeed professionally and fully contribute to the goals of the Firm. As part of our inclusive culture, we encourage applications from all genders, abilities and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people.
Baker McKenzie provides information and support relating to the recruitment process for transgender and gender diverse candidates. Please let us know if you would like to receive this additional support.
Our bAgile program encourages a range of flexible work opportunities for all. We invite you to let us know of any reasonable adjustments you require to equitably participate in the recruitment process or in performing the requirements of this role.
Please click on the Apply icon to start the online application process for this role. We will be in touch with you once we have reviewed your application. For a confidential discussion and further information, please contact Angelique Holden, Talent Management Consultant, +61 8922 5596.