We are currently looking to recruit an Associate with 1- 4 years PQE to focus on financial services, payments and consumer credit regulation.
Financial Services & Funds
The Financial Services & Funds Group are experienced advisers located across our Melbourne and Sydney offices and offer a broad range of financial services regulation and funds management, including areas such as payments regulation, licensing, AML/CTF regulation, consumer credit and credit reporting, exchange traded funds, structured equities and derivatives, financial markets and financial product disclosure. The Australian group works closely with its Global team to advise the firm's national and multi-national clients in respect of a broad range of financial products and offerings.
Qualifications & Experience
Our ideal candidate would have:
- minimum 1 year experience in financial services;
- relevant experience in a top tier or leading international firm preferred;
- a strong client service orientation;
- an interest in funds, financial products and financial regulatory;
- strong technical, drafting and commercial skills;
- business development aptitude, interest, and experience;
- relevant legal qualifications;
- a strong academic background;
- excellent analytical, communication, and research skills - to contribute to the delivery of prompt and commercially astute advice;
- a commitment to high work standards and strong attention to detail;
- an ability to demonstrate initiative and proactivity;
- an ability to develop strong relationships with clients and to take responsibility for this relationship;
- an ability to work well in a team environment (including across Australian offices and internationally);
- a willingness to learn; and
- a willingness to develop others through mentoring and sharing experiences.
Please click here to see a video introducing our Firm.
At Baker McKenzie, we are different in the way we think, work and behave. Like no other law firm, we were born global. Our Australian practice was established in Sydney in 1964, in Melbourne in 1982 and in Brisbane in 2014. Our lawyers work seamlessly with our global colleagues, collectively providing a capacity of more than 5,600 locally qualified lawyers and 6,000 professional staff in 78 locations across 46 countries.
Baker McKenzie Australia can offer you access to complex, market leading matters working with some of the world's best legal minds – people who know the law and who understand business. We have an unrivalled ability to provide training and secondment opportunities across our global network. Locally, we have an inclusive culture of learning, coaching and opportunity where you will work in small teams on matters that often cross borders. We value people who think ahead and get noticed.
Diversity & Inclusion
Baker McKenzie is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive culture for all its employees, with equal opportunity for all to progress and have a meaningful career with our Firm. Our mission is to foster an environment where individuals of every ethnicity, culture, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, religion, age, disability, carer status and working style may succeed professionally and fully contribute to the goals of the Firm. As part of our inclusive culture, we encourage applications from all genders, abilities and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people.
Baker McKenzie provides information and support relating to the recruitment process for transgender and gender diverse candidates. Please let us know if you would like to receive this additional support.
Our bAgile program encourages a range of flexible work opportunities for all. We invite you to let us know of any reasonable adjustments you require to equitably participate in the recruitment process or in performing the requirements of this role.
Please click on the Apply icon to start the online application process for this role. We will be in touch with you once we have reviewed your application. For a confidential discussion and further information, please contact Lisa Eskander, Senior Manager, Talent Management +61 3 9617 4571.