We are currently looking for a mid-level Associate with 2-4 years’ PQE in general commercial litigation to join our Dispute Resolution team in Sydney.
Baker McKenzie's Dispute Resolution Group is one of the Australian office's largest practice groups and has the depth of experience and accomplishment to advise and represent clients in all matters associated with complex commercial disputes. Our commercially pragmatic approach means we focus on the issues that matter to clients rather than simply managing the litigation process to a conclusion. We always take a strategic approach to disputes, identifying and guiding the client's legal team on any available options to promote early resolution but never losing sight of the need to resolutely promote our clients' best interests.
Our team includes some of Australia's leading litigation lawyers, each of whom is able to draw on the resources, combined knowledge and experience of the global firm's world class dispute resolution and litigation practice. This means that we have the privilege of being instructed by major national and international organisations in large-scale, complex litigation and dispute resolution across a range of industries and disciplines, including in relation to:
- administrative law
- advertising and marketing
- arbitration and mediation
- class actions
- financial transactions
- information technology & communications
- insolvency and reconstruction
- international/cross-border disputes
- partnerships and joint ventures
- product liability
- property and trusts
- security enforcement
- shareholder disputes
- tax disputes
- trade practices and competition
Qualifications & Experience
Our ideal candidate would have:
- 2-4 year's PQE in a similar top tier firm environment.
- Strong technical, drafting, and commercial skills.
- A strong academic background.
- Strong client service ethic, initiative, and drive.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and negotiation skills.
- Relevant legal qualifications.
- Strong technical knowledge.
- Excellent analytical and research skills.
- A commitment to high work standards and strong attention to detail.
- An ability to demonstrate initiative and proactivity.
- An ability to work well in a team environment.
- Business development aptitude, interest, and experience.
Please click here to see a video introducing our Firm.
At Baker McKenzie, we are different in the way we think, work and behave. Like no other law firm, we were born global. Our Australian practice was established in Sydney in 1964, in Melbourne in 1982 and in Brisbane in 2014. Our lawyers work seamlessly with our global colleagues, collectively providing a capacity of more than 5,600 locally qualified lawyers and 6,000 professional staff in 78 locations across 46 countries.
Diversity & Inclusion
Baker McKenzie is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive culture for all its employees, with equal opportunity for all to progress and have a meaningful career with our Firm. Our mission is to foster an environment where individuals of every ethnicity, culture, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, religion, age, disability, carer status and working style may succeed professionally and fully contribute to the goals of the Firm. As part of our inclusive culture, we encourage applications from all genders, abilities and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people.
Our bAgile program encourages a range of flexible work opportunities for all. We invite you to let us know of any reasonable adjustments you require to equitably participate in the recruitment process or in performing the requirements of this role.
Please click on the Apply icon to start the online application process for this role. We will be in touch with you once we have reviewed your application. For a confidential discussion and further information, please contact Angelique Holden, Talent Management Consultant, 02 8922 5596.