Why Baker McKenzie?
At Baker McKenzie not only do we pride ourselves on leading pay and a great culture, joining a leading Global Law firm provides unique development opportunities to grow in a highly supportive working environment throughout all stages of your life. We know our people value flexibility around when and where they work. So we are committed to offering a more adaptable way to work, we call this BAgile. As a highly valued employee we will also provide you with an extensive range of wellbeing, recognition & benefits offerings.
For more information on our benefits click here
We are currently looking for a Corporate lawyer to join our Transactional Practice Group in Melbourne.
- Providing advice to multinational corporations establishing operations in Australia.
- Assisting multinational corporations establishing operations in Australia.
- Advising Australian subsidiaries of multinational corporations of their ongoing corporate compliance and financial reporting obligations.
- Advising on directors' duties.
- Assisting with the drafting of documents to effect changes to Australian subsidiaries of multinational corporations, including changes in officeholders, shareholdings, company names.
- Assisting with the drafting of director and shareholder resolutions.
- Preparation of documentation necessary to apply for financial reporting and audit relief.
Baker McKenzie's Transactional Practice Group is at the forefront of providing commercially astute advice to major Australian and global companies. We are particularly well known for our high-end mergers and acquisitions, initial public offerings and private equity practices. With offices across the globe, we provide our clients with something that no other Australian law firm can offer – a leading Australian practice with access to an integrated global platform
Our areas of experience include corporate governance and compliance, corporate advisory, due diligence, foreign investment, hostile and recommended takeover bids, joint ventures and alliances, privatisation/corporatisations, public/private partnerships, as well as spin-offs, demergers and stock exchange listings. The Corporate Group is at the forefront of providing commercially astute advice to major Australian and global companies. We are particularly well known for high-end mergers and acquisitions, initial public offerings and private equity practices. Our experience includes corporate governance and compliance, corporate advisory, due diligence, foreign investment, hostile and recommended takeover bids, joint ventures and alliances, privatisation/corporatisations, public/private partnerships, as well as spin-offs, demergers and stock exchange listings.
What we're looking for -
Our ideal candidate would have:
- Prior corporate advisory experience in a law firm;
- Excellent analytical, communication, and research skills;
- A commitment to high work standards and strong attention to detail;
- An ability to manage competing priorities and work flexibility;
- An ability to demonstrate initiative and proactivity;
- An ability to develop strong relationships;
- An ability to work well in a team environment; and
- A willingness to learn.
About the Firm
At Baker McKenzie, we are different in the way we think, work and behave. Like no other law firm, we were born global. Our Australian practice was established in Sydney in 1964, in Melbourne in 1982 and in Brisbane in 2014. Our lawyers work seamlessly with our global colleagues, collectively providing a capacity of more than 5,600 locally qualified lawyers and 6,000 professional staff in 78 locations across 46 countries.
Baker McKenzie Australia can offer you access to complex, market leading matters working with some of the world's best legal minds – people who know the law and who understand business. We have an unrivalled ability to provide training and secondment opportunities across our global network.
Diversity & Inclusion
Baker McKenzie is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive culture for all its employees, with equal opportunity for all to progress and have a meaningful career with our Firm.
Our application process
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
As part of our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive we encourage applications from all genders, abilities and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people.