We are currently looking for an Associate with at least 6 years' experience to join our Corporate Markets practice group in Sydney.
Our Corporate Markets group is at the forefront of providing commercially astute advice to major Australian and global companies. We are particularly well known for our high-end mergers and acquisitions, initial public offerings and private equity practices. With offices across the globe, we provide our clients with something that no other Australian law firm can offer – a leading Australian practice with access to an integrated global platform.
Our areas of experience include corporate governance and compliance, corporate advisory, due diligence, foreign investment, hostile and recommended takeover bids, joint ventures and alliances, privatisation/corporatisations, public/private partnerships, as well as spin-offs, demergers and stock exchange listings.
The Corporate group is organised in the following subgroups:
- Equity Capital Markets
- Private Equity
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Financial Services and Funds
Skills & Experience
- 6+ years' PQE with substantial private M&A experience gained in a top tier firm (essential).
- Experience in ECM and Public M&A gained in a top tier firm (highly regarded).
- Experience in advising on corporate transactions in the Renewable Energy and TMT industries, with sound industry knowledge.
- Experience in advising cross broader transactions.
- Strong technical, drafting and commercial skills.
- Strong academic background.
- Excellent analytical, communication and research skills - to contribute to the delivery of prompt and commercially astute advice
- Strong commitment to client service and well-developed relationship management ability - you will play a role in supporting and actively developing our relationships with clients.
- Team focus - to facilitate effective teamwork by developing strong internal relationships.
- Enthusiasm to be involved in business development activities - participating in industry related programs and developing strategic relationships and networks.
- Relevant legal qualifications.
Please click here to see a video introducing our Firm.
At Baker McKenzie, we are different in the way we think, work and behave. Like no other law firm, we were born global. Our Australian practice was established in Sydney in 1964, in Melbourne in 1982 and in Brisbane in 2014. Our lawyers work seamlessly with our global colleagues, collectively providing a capacity of more than 5,600 locally qualified lawyers and 6,000 professional staff in 78 locations across 46 countries.
Diversity & Inclusion
Baker McKenzie is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive culture for all its employees, with equal opportunity for all to progress and have a meaningful career with our Firm. Our mission is to foster an environment where individuals of every ethnicity, culture, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, religion, age, disability, carer status and working style may succeed professionally and fully contribute to the goals of the Firm. As part of our inclusive culture, we encourage applications from all genders, abilities and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people.
Our bAgile program encourages a range of flexible work opportunities for all. We invite you to let us know of any reasonable adjustments you require to equitably participate in the recruitment process or in performing the requirements of this role.
Please click on the Apply icon to start the online application process for this role. We will be in touch with you once we have reviewed your application. For a confidential discussion and further information, please contact Angelique Holden, Talent Management Consultant, 02 8922 5596.