We are currently looking for an Associate with 3-5 years' experience to join our front-end Construction team in Sydney.
Our national Construction Group works collaboratively, sharing resources across our three national offices on domestic and international projects. We also work closely with our major projects, renewables, and commercial real estate teams. You will work:
- on high profile transactions for developers, principals, governments, contractors, major subcontractors and leading consultants both locally and internationally; and
- closely with a variety of other advisers on major projects which enable us to understand and address non-legal issues that arise in every project such as financial and technical issues.
Our national Construction Group provides legal services in respect to domestic and international project types such as:
- Energy, Renewables and Power;
- Transport and Infrastructure;
- Commercial Offices, Hotels, Retail, and Industrial;
- Major Residential; and
- Telecommunications, Software, and Technology.
Qualifications & Experience
Our ideal candidate would:
- Have 3-5 years' PQE in a recognised law firm’s construction, infrastructure, energy, resources or projects practices. Construction lawyers who are currently in-house but would like to return to private practice would also be suitable.
- Have hands-on experience working predominately on the front-end side of infrastructure, renewables, solar and wind products. Candidates with experience in other contract law-based practice areas such as in telecommunications/technology may also be suitable.
- Strong technical, drafting and commercial skills.
- A strong academic background.
- A strong client service ethic, initiative and drive.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Business development aptitude, interest, and experience.
- Relevant legal qualifications.
- Commitment to high work standards.
- Be self-motivated with strong attention to detail.
- Have logical and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrate initiative and proactivity.
- Develop strong relationships with clients.
- Demonstrate a willingness to integrate into our national practice with flexibility and confidence to work across multiple jurisdictions.
- Ability to work well both in a team and individually.
Please click here to see a video introducing our Firm.
At Baker McKenzie, we are different in the way we think, work and behave. Like no other law firm, we were born global. Our Australian practice was established in Sydney in 1964, in Melbourne in 1982 and in Brisbane in 2014. Our lawyers work seamlessly with our global colleagues, collectively providing a capacity of more than 5,600 locally qualified lawyers and 6,000 professional staff in 78 locations across 46 countries.
Baker McKenzie Australia can offer you access to complex, market leading matters working with some of the world's best legal minds – people who know the law and who understand business. We have an unrivalled ability to provide training and secondment opportunities across our global network. Locally, we have an inclusive culture of learning, coaching and opportunity where you will work in small teams on matters that often cross borders. We value people who think ahead and get noticed.
Diversity & Inclusion
Baker McKenzie is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive culture for all its employees, with equal opportunity for all to progress and have a meaningful career with our Firm. Our mission is to foster an environment where individuals of every ethnicity, culture, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, religion, age, disability, carer status and working style may succeed professionally and fully contribute to the goals of the Firm. As part of our inclusive culture, we encourage applications from all genders, abilities and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people.
Baker McKenzie provides information and support relating to the recruitment process for transgender and gender diverse candidates. Please let us know if you would like to receive this additional support.
Our bAgile program encourages a range of flexible work opportunities for all. We invite you to let us know of any reasonable adjustments you require to equitably participate in the recruitment process or in performing the requirements of this role.
Please click on the Apply icon to start the online application process for this role. We will be in touch with you once we have reviewed your application. For a confidential discussion and further information, please contact Angelique Holden, Talent Management Consultant, +61 2 8922 5596.