We are looking for an Accounts Payable/Trust Clerk to join the Accounts Payable section of our Melbourne Finance team. Reporting into the Accounts Payable Manager, this is a varied and busy role, which will give you the opportunity to interact with people in every area of the Firm. This is a 3 month contract, on a full-time basis with the opportunity to continue on a part-time basis for an additional 3 months.
- Responding to queries via email and telephone and assisting in attending to submissions to the Accounts Payable mailbox
- Assisting with requesting vendor and coding set ups
- Assisting with reviewing of invoices and employee reimbursements submitted in Chrome River
- Assisting with reviewing firm credit card expenses
- Loading of payment bank files to HSBC website
- Ad Hoc payments through banking websites
- Process payments and receipts in a timely manner and ensure documentation is appropriately authorised and
filed in accordance with prevailing trust rules
- Prepare daily and monthly bank reconciliations for trust and controlled money accounts
- Produce daily and monthly reports for trust and controlled money accounts
- Coordinate opening and closing of controlled money accounts as needed and ensure that proper documentation is maintained
- Liaise with lawyers and partners on aspects of the trust and controlled money accounts
- Liaise with banks for account queries and changes
- Respond to all trust and controlled money enquiries in a timely manner
You will have:
- A minimum of two years experience in a similar role
- Strong Excel skills, basic Word skills
- Demonstrated high attention to detail
- Bank reconciliation experience required and book keeping experience preferred
- Prior trust accounting in a law firm or professional services environment would be an advantage
Please click here to see a video introducing our Firm.
At Baker McKenzie, we are different in the way we think, work and behave. Like no other law firm, we were born global. Our Australian practice was established in Sydney in 1964, in Melbourne in 1982 and in Brisbane in 2014. Our lawyers work seamlessly with our global colleagues, collectively providing a capacity of more than 5,600 locally qualified lawyers and 6,000 professional staff in 78 locations across 46 countries.
Baker McKenzie Australia can offer you access to complex, market leading matters working with some of the world's best legal minds – people who know the law and who understand business. We have an unrivalled ability to provide training and secondment opportunities across our global network. Locally, we have an inclusive culture of learning, coaching and opportunity where you will work in small teams on matters that often cross borders. We value people who think ahead and get noticed.
Diversity & Inclusion
Baker McKenzie is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive culture for all its employees, with equal opportunity for all to progress and have a meaningful career with our Firm. Our mission is to foster an environment where individuals of every ethnicity, culture, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, religion, age, disability, carer status and working style may succeed professionally and fully contribute to the goals of the Firm. As part of our inclusive culture, we encourage applications from all genders, abilities and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people.
Baker McKenzie provides information and support relating to the recruitment process for transgender and gender diverse candidates. Please let us know if you would like to receive this additional support.
Our bAgile program encourages a range of flexible work opportunities for all. We invite you to let us know of any reasonable adjustments you require to equitably participate in the recruitment process or in performing the requirements of this role.
We are seeking enthusiastic people, who are willing to seize opportunities and are excited by the connectivity that a global law firm can offer. For a confidential discussion and further information, please contact Savannah Miles, Talent Management Coordinator on 03 9617 4319. Please note that all applications must be submitted online via our careers page.