Why Baker McKenzie?
At Baker McKenzie not only do we pride ourselves on leading pay and a great culture, joining a leading Global Law firm provides unique development opportunities to grow in a highly supportive working environment throughout all stages of your life. We know our people value flexibility around when and where they work. So we are committed to offering a more adaptable way to work, we call this BAgile. As a highly valued employee we will also provide you with an extensive range of wellbeing, recognition & benefits offerings.
For more information on our benefits click here
We are currently looking for a Accounts Payable / Trust Clerk to join our Finance Team in Melbourne.
The Finance function provides the following services to the Firm:
- Supporting strategic decision-making from a financial and business perspective.
- Managing cashflow, including accounts payable, credit checks, billing and collections.
- Ensuring Firm-wide purchasing excellent and efficiency.
- Financial reporting, budgets and forecasts.
- Securing financing across the global Firm.
Accounts payable tasks
- Responding to queries via email and telephone and assisting in attending to submissions to the Accounts Payable mailbox.
- Request vendor set ups
- Review of invoice and expense submissions through Chrome River
- Processing/arranging of urgent payments and uploading bank files to HSBC platform
- Any ad hoc duties that maybe required from time to time.
Trust Account Processing
- Process payments and receipts in a timely manner and ensure documentation is appropriately authorised and filed in accordance with prevailing trust rules;
- Prepare daily and monthly bank reconciliations for trust and controlled money accounts;
- Produce daily and monthly reports for trust and controlled money accounts;
- Coordinate opening and closing of controlled money accounts as needed and ensure that proper documentation is maintained;
- Liaise with lawyers and partners on aspects of the trust and controlled money accounts;
- Liaise with banks for account queries and changes
- Respond to all trust and controlled money enquiries in a timely manner
What we're looking for -
Our ideal candidate would have:
- Bank reconciliation experience required and book keeping experience preferred
- Prior trust accounting in a law firm or professional services environment would be an advantage
About the Firm
At Baker McKenzie, we are different in the way we think, work and behave. Like no other law firm, we were born global. Our Australian practice was established in Sydney in 1964, in Melbourne in 1982 and in Brisbane in 2014. Our lawyers work seamlessly with our global colleagues, collectively providing a capacity of more than 5,600 locally qualified lawyers and 6,000 professional staff in 78 locations across 46 countries.
Baker McKenzie Australia can offer you access to complex, market leading matters working with some of the world's best legal minds – people who know the law and who understand business. We have an unrivalled ability to provide training and secondment opportunities across our global network.
Diversity & Inclusion
Baker McKenzie is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive culture for all its employees, with equal opportunity for all to progress and have a meaningful career with our Firm.
Our application process
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
As part of our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive we encourage applications from all genders, abilities and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people.