This is a strategic business development role for managing complex large scale projects across Asia Pacific. The role will cover cross-practice and industry regional projects including business strategy and planning, working with practice and industry leaders on growing revenues with their key clients, rolling out regional thought leadership campaigns, performance planning for the BD team and supporting the Firm’s internal leadership and client meetings.
Only specific responsibilities for the first year are listed below as this role is expected to evolve substantially in due course
- Business planning – working closely with the Head of BD, Marketing and Communications, Practice and Industry leaders and BD team members, lead the development of strategic business plans across all PG/IGs, identifying key opportunities for business growth and brand enhancement across Asia Pacific for the next financial year.
Key client and business development – working with PG/IG leaders and BD teams, roll-out a strong and robust client conference program around the Firm’s flagship industry events, aimed at targeting specific revenue generating opportunities with key clients and demonstrating effective return on investment with thorough follow up efforts.
- Thought leadership campaigns – lead roll-out of strategic campaigns across Regional Practice and Industry Groups. Create awareness of tools and resources available with partners and teams and incorporate key campaign elements into client opportunities, aimed at establishing the Firm as a leader in priority industry groups and markets across Asia Pacific and beyond.
- Team performance planning, training and coaching – support the annual performance planning process. Review and align KPIs for BD team members and conduct mid-year reviews to track progress on KPIs. Conduct training on topics related to business development, driving business growth, efficiency and operational effectiveness. Be an effective coach who team members can approach for advice on ongoing day to day matters and work situations. Share ideas and best practices across teams and help grow a closely connected team environment.
- Asia Pacific Meeting (APM) – lead the Practice and Industry Program development and implementation at the April 2019 APM, working with global and regional BD team members.
Undertake any other regional project management activities as required, particularly around leading large scale cross-border pitches and panel opportunities.
Candidate Experience / Skills:
- An advanced degree preferably in business, marketing or commerce.
- At least eight years experience working in a professional services industry or related service marketing and business development roles.
- Excellent English Language written/verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Proven team leadership and coaching skills with a multi-cultural team, in a virtual environment, demonstrating high emotional intelligence and situational leadership ability.
- Savvy in understanding and adapting to the expectations and needs of different cultures within the Firm and an ability to work with all levels of stakeholders and professionals in an organization both in person and remotely.
- Ability to lead by example and be hands on with project delivery and execution in person, as necessary.
- A high level of commercial acumen and strong (financial) analytical skills. Keeps abreast of business trends.
- Effective interpersonal and influencing skills, particularly being tactful to navigate senior stakeholders and getting positive outcomes.
- Willing to travel frequently and work outside of office hours. Flexibility and adaptability are essential.
- The ability to readjust and reorganize plans and priorities due to evolving client or stakeholder requirements.
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to react quickly to resolve issues.