This role is primarily a business development (BD) role with some marketing and communications responsibilities, managing 2-3 practice groups as well as 1 key regional priority client account.
- Client account management: Develop and execute a robust client relationship development plan for 1 priority client to expand the relationship across new markets and practice areas, profitably.
- Business plans: Based on a thorough assessment of the competitive landscape, key client issues and investment trends across Asia Pacific, develop and recommend a strong business plan for your Practice Groups. Be responsible for driving implementation of all business development and marketing initiatives and report regularly on the progress of these. Introduce new revenue generation and client development ideas and approaches.
- Pitches: Lead responses to invitations to tender or bid for cross-border work opportunities related to your Practice Groups. Work with the BDC to ensure all regional marketing credentials and materials are regularly updated.
- Business development initiatives: Lead key business development initiatives, including taking thought leadership and other marketing campaigns to clients, client marketing collateral, client training programs, etc.
- Firm communication and meetings: Organise and moderate monthly regional PG calls to keep engagement high and drive projects forward. Regularly liaise with the Global PG Managers / Coordinators to ensure that the Regional Group is included in all relevant global activities. Work with regional PG Partners to promote internal communications and practice development initiatives across the region, including at internal training programmes.
- Thought leadership and other marketing campaigns: Working closely with the Marketing team, explore and implement new ideas to differentiate the Firm through integrated marketing plans, including thought leadership efforts and cutting edge client communications.
- Market intelligence: Stay on top of business, industry, clients and competition intelligence and keep the PG Partners and SBDM informed of recent trends and opportunities.
- Marketing collateral: Oversee the production of Group brochures, fact sheets, guide books and newsletters where required including maximising the distribution of material through comprehensive and current mailing lists.
- Budget: Support management of budgets for the Groups including monitoring of all business development and marketing activities undertaken
Working with the Asia Pacific BD team members and Client / Research, Events and PR teams, this role will also oversee the following activities:
- Group profiling: Work with the Communications team to research opportunities to increase the profile of the Group through relevant media including industry directories, journals, publications and websites.
- Professional development events for lawyers: Oversee organisation of annual regional training programs for lawyers.
- Research: Undertake research and analysis of business, industry, competitive and client specific issues and trends. Use the analysis to shape new business development strategies.
- A degree in business, commerce, marketing or management; and
- Around 5+ years post-graduate experience in business/ client development and marketing, preferably in a regional or cross-border role, dealing with highly demanding internal and external clients at a senior level, preferably in a law firm or professional services environment.
- Demonstrates excellent English communication (verbal and written) skills with prescribed business etiquette in a multi-cultural, multi-level environment;
- Has effective people management skills;
- Has strong analytical skills (i.e. able to conduct desk research across various sources and succinctly distil into key issues, trends and opportunities);
- Is self-initiating and self-disciplined, taking a proactive approach towards projects and seeking direction and advice as needed;
- Able to work under pressure and remain focused;
- Has a highly developed organizational ability, sound judgment and attention to detail; and
- Has effective interpersonal and influencing skills with the ability to question and steer discussions towards a positive business outcome.