About the role
To manage the strategic focus of revenue driving activities of the AP EMI and TMT Industry Groups, developing a strategic, market-leading BDMC business-partnering capability which enables the industry group to win, retain and grow business through consistently high standards, engaging thought leadership as well as strong key client relationships and account management.
- Work with the AP IG Leaders and Steering Committees, Fee Earners as well as Expert Functions and Global End-to-End Services to proactively plan and deliver a compelling BDMC strategy across the Industry groups across AP offices; understanding regional and local market needs and dynamics
- Drive revenue opportunities by deploying cross-practice products and service lines, particularly the Digital Transformation and Sustainability service lines, ensuring that the appropriate EMI and TMT key clients are being targeted with thorough ROI tracking
- Plan, organise and deliver high quality cross-border client events to position the Firm as a market leader in EMI and TMT IGs, targeting carefully selected existing key clients and new clients, with strong focus on ROI tracking, profitable revenue generation and increasing brand profile
- Focus on growing IG specific work from key clients and contribute proactively towards client development strategies, identifying regional growth opportunities and working closely with client managers
- Work with the IG Leader and Steering Committee, Fee Earners and Client Managers to develop plans which deliver growth to the appropriate industry key clients and regional key clients by using firm wide best practice BDMC activities which will drive sustainable profitable revenue generation and increase profile
- Working with the Industry Group Steering Committees to regularly review activities during (monthly) conference calls and face to face meetings; produce analyses of activity versus plans, demonstrating value add of activities undertaken; producing and interpreting financial/fee reports; monitoring expenditure against budget
- Input to Industry Group strategy meetings and training (generally held annually) to shape the agenda and ensure a balance between 'technical' and BD content and activities. Briefing events team on logistical requirements for the meeting
- Develop and deliver strong, compelling cross-border pitches and proposals for the IGs, aiming for a high win rate. Working with the AP Proposals team and other BD colleagues, where appropriate. Follow up for pitch de-briefs and track wins/ losses
- Working closely with the dedicated BD Coordinator, provide guidance to the Client Experience team key information and statistics relating to Industry Group activities (e.g. key deals and matters)
- Partner closely with our expert BDMC functions (Key client management, Communications, Pitch Excellence & Pursuits, Pricing Excellence, Legal Project Management, GIGs and RIGs) to ensure our in-region media engagement, proposal preparation and pitch training for attorneys, pricing options and alternative fee arrangements strategies align with the requirements of the regional business as well as global best practice
- Ensure regular best practice and success stories sharing with GIGs and in-market BD colleagues, providing guidance on regional priorities and proactively exploring collaboration and alignment efforts
- Work with our global BDMC end-to-end services teams (Marketing Services; Directories, Awards and League Tables; Event Management) around local production needs including proposal and communications templates; marketing material, campaigns and channels; roll-out of branding communications and advertising; managing submissions for awards, league tables and directories; and local event requirements
- Provide mentoring and coaching to the dedicated BD Coordinator and other junior members of the team
- Actively contribute to team meetings with RIGs, GIGs and client teams
- Provide guidance to our Communications professionals to drive both internal and external communications for practice development in locations across AP, local and social media to channel the Baker McKenzie brand, identity and culture through a single, uniform and strategically consistent communications voice
Candidate's technical skills, qualifications and experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Technical corporate knowledge desired and strong industry knowledge preferred
- Masters or equivalent degree in business administration, marketing, or similar qualification an advantage.
- Fluent English essential, both written and oral English fluency.
- Excellent organisational and project management skills.
- Team spirit essential, ability to work collaboratively across teams