This role is primarily a business development (BD) role with some marketing and communications responsibilities, managing 2 key practice groups (DR & IP) as well as 1-2 key regional priority client accounts.
- Strategy and Business Planning. Develop the Group’s business plan drive the implementation of any business development and marketing initiatives and report on the progress of these. Introduce new revenue generation and client development ideas and approaches.
- Tenders and Bids. Manage responses to invitations to tender or bid for current or new work opportunities. Work with the BDC to ensure all regional marketing credentials and materials are regularly updated.
- Client Account Management. Develop a robust key client development program, identifying key clients for the allocated Groups and work with key Partners to drive initiatives. Plan and as appropriate, attend client meetings, road shows and conferences. Co-ordinate any presentation materials, client contact lists and research as needed and manage the follow-up to maximise return on investment.
- Thought leadership and other marketing campaigns. Working closely with the Integrated Marketing team, explore and implement new ideas to differentiate the Firm through integrated marketing plans, including thought leadership efforts and cutting edge client communications.
- Firm Communication and Meetings. Organise and moderate monthly regional PG calls to drive projects forward. Regularly liaise with the Global PG Managers / Co-ordinators to ensure that the Regional Group is included in all relevant global activities. Work with regional PG Partners to promote internal communications and practice development initiatives across the region, including at internal training programmes.
- Market Intelligence. Stay on top of business, industry, clients and competition intelligence and keep the PG Partners and SBDM informed of recent trends and opportunities.
- Marketing Collateral. Working closely with the Marketing and Communications team to oversee the production of Group brochures, fact sheets, guide books and newsletters where required including maximising the distribution of material through comprehensive and current mailing lists.
- Budget. Support management of budgets for the Groups including monitoring of all business development and marketing activities undertaken
Working with the Asia Pacific BD team members and Client / Research, Events and PR teams, this role will also oversee the following activities:
- Group Profiling. Research opportunities to increase the profile of the Group through relevant media including industry directories, journals, publications and websites.
- Professional Development for lawyers. Oversee organisation of annual regional training programs for lawyers.
- Research. Undertake research and analysis of business, industry, competitive and client specific issues and trends. Use the analysis to shape new business development strategies.
- A degree in business, commerce, marketing or management; and
- Around 5+ years post-graduate experience in business/ client development and marketing, preferably in a regional or cross-border role, dealing with highly demanding internal and external clients at a senior level, preferably in a law firm or professional services environment.
- Demonstrates excellent English communication (verbal and written) skills with prescribed business etiquette in a multi-cultural, multi-level environment;
- Has effective people management skills;
- Has strong analytical skills (i.e. able to conduct desk research across various sources and succinctly distil into key issues, trends and opportunities);
- Is self-initiating and self-disciplined, taking a proactive approach towards projects and seeking direction and advice as needed;
- Able to work under pressure and remain focused;
- Has a highly developed organizational ability, sound judgment and attention to detail; and
- Has effective interpersonal and influencing skills with the ability to question and steer discussions towards a positive business outcome.