Marta Zuliamis joined Baker McKenzie’s Vienna office in March 2012. She is a senior associate and member of the Banking and Finance Practice Group currently based in Frankfurt. Prior to joining the Firm, Marta worked in the compliance department of a well-known banking and financial services provider.
Marta has experience across a broad spectrum in the areas of banking and finance. She regularly advises German, Austrian and foreign banks, financial institutions and corporates on banking and finance law matters, with a focus on securitization transactions, trade finance and other structured finance matters. She also has significant experience in export finance, acquisition finance, project finance as well as regulatory and capital markets law matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised an Austrian bank on the first securitization of consumer loan receivables in Austria.
- Advised an Austrian bank on the securitization of its Austrian auto loan receivables portfolio.
- Advised two German banks on the securitization of German, Austrian and Swiss lease receivables.
- Advised German banks on various multijurisdictional trade receivables securitization transactions.
- Advised an Austrian bank on its factoring programme of Austrian, German, Swiss and Danish trade receivables.
- Advised Thor Industries, Inc., an NYSE-listed multinational manufacturer of recreational vehicles, on its EUR 2.1 billion acquisition of Erwin Hymer Group, a German-based manufacturer of recreational vehicles.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Rechtsanwaltskammer Wien - Member
- Rechtsanwaltskammer Frankfurt am Main - Member
- Registered European Lawyer (Frankfurt) (2018)
- Austria (2016)
- University of Vienna (Mag. iur.) (2011)
- HEC Paris (MIM) (2009)
- University of Economics and Business Administration, Vienna (Mag. rer. soc. oec.) (2009)
- Co-author, "Continued Challenges for Private Debt and Loan Origination Funds in the EU despite the CMU" in Journal of International Banking Law and Regulation Volume 33 Issue 5 – 2018
- Co-author, "Das MiFiGG 2017 als Turbo-Boost für Start-ups und innovative KMU?," in Fonds Exklusiv Online, October 2017
- Co-author, "Broker-Due-Diligence, FMA definiert genaue Regeln für die Partnerwahl," in Fonds Exklusiv Online, July 2017
- Co-author, "Wer das Aufsichtsrecht ignoriert, dem drohen hohe Strafen," in Fonds Exklusiv Online, April 2017
- Co-author, "MiFID II und das Online-Wertpapiergeschäft," in Fonds Exklusiv Online, December 2016
Baker & McKenzie Partnerschaft von Rechtsanwälten und Steuerberatern mbB is a professional partnership under German law registered with the Local Court of Frankfurt/Main at PR No. 1602. It is associated with Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.