Howard Wu practices mainly in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, covering the information technology and major projects sectors. Chambers Asia Pacific ranks him among the leading lawyers for corporate/M&A as well as technology, media & telecommunications, while IFLR 1000 recommends him for mergers and acquisitions as well as private equity. Mr. Wu graduated from the University of California at Berkeley with a B.A., Columbia University with an M.A. and Fordham University School of Law with a J.D. He is admitted to practice law in California and is a foreign registered lawyer in Hong Kong.
Mr. Wu’s practice focuses on cross-border transactions and foreign investment projects involving the PRC. In particular, his practice covers mergers and acquisitions with a focus on information technology and major projects matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted for a leading media and entertainment conglomerate on its joint venture to develop the first international theme park in China.
- Acted for Shanghai Electric Group in forming a global strategic alliance/joint venture with Alstom SA in the boiler business.
- Acted for Jinjiang Hotels in forming joint venture acquisition vehicle with Thayer Lodging Group and subsequent acquisition of Interstate Hotels & Resorts (a US-listed company).
- Acting for McCormick & Co. Inc. in various acquisitions in the PRC.
- Acted for Monster Inc. in the acquisition of ChinaHR.com, one of the leading online recruitment companies in China.
- Acted for Danone in a joint venture with WeightWatchers for operating weight loss centres in China.
- Acted for eBay Inc. in the acquisition of Eachnet Inc. a leading e-commerce company in China.
- Acted for eBay Inc in a joint venture with Tom Online in operating an e-commerce site in China.
- Acted for Agilent Technologies on the USD2.66 billion divestiture of its semiconductor products group to private equity investors.
- Acted for Agilent Technologies on its divestiture of its semiconductor testing group and listing of Verigy Ltd.
- California~United States (1998)
- Fordham University School of Law (J.D.) (1998)
- Columbia University (Master of Arts) (1994)
- University of California at Berkeley (B.A.) (1991)
- Hong Kong