Howard Wu is the Chief Representative of Baker McKenzie’s Shanghai office.
Howard's practice focuses on cross-border transactions involving the PRC, in particular Mergers and Acquisitions with a focus on Information Technology, Consumer Goods & Retail and Major Projects.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised global transport and logistics group Kuehne+Nagel on its acquisition of Apex International Corporation from private equity firm MBK Partners and management.
- Advised an Asian biotechnologies company on a proposed sale of equity interest in two entities in China.
- Acting METRO AG on the sale of Metro China and the establishment of a strategic partnership with Wumei Technology Group (Wumei).
- Acting for Shanghai Jinjiang Hotels in multiple overseas acquisitions.
- Acting for Tencent in various M&A transactions (including acquisition of a stake in Sogou Inc., one of the leading search and internet services provider in China).
- Acting for Costco in market entry in China.
- Acting for Ningbo Joyson Electronic Corp. in raising equity financing in connection with Joyson’s acquisition of Takata Corporation.
- Acting for Lidl Group on its cross-border e-commerce entry into the China market.
- Acting for Limited Brands in multiple transactions in Greater China.
- Acting for a US media company in the establishment and operation of the first internationally branded theme park in Shanghai.
- Hall of Fame (Corporate & M&A, China) – Asia Pacific Legal 500 (2021)
- China Top 15 M&A Lawyers - ALB (2020)
- Lawyer Star - Acritas (2017-2019)
- Leading Lawyer (Corporate & M&A, China) – Asia Pacific Legal 500 (2014-2020)
- Leading Lawyer for Technology, Media & Telecommunications (Information Technology, China/ Hong Kong) – Chambers Asia (2009-2020)
- California~United States (1998)
- Fordham University School of Law (J.D.) (1998)
- Columbia University (M.A.) (1994)
- University of California at Berkeley (B.A.) (1991)
- Hong Kong