Brian Wong is a partner in Baker McKenzie's Hong Kong office and a member of the Firm's Capital Markets Practice Group.
Brian practices mainly in the fields of capital markets, public mergers and acquisitions, corporate law and corporate governance. He represents clients in a wide range of transactions, including equity and debt capital markets transactions as well as public mergers and acquisitions.
In addition, Brian advises Hong Kong listed companies, shareholders, directors and their other stakeholders on compliance, disciplinary and regulatory matters.
Representative Legal Matters
Equity capital markets
- Advised Orient Capital (Hong Kong) Limited as sole financial adviser's counsel on DFZQ/Orient Securities Company Limited's (Stock code: 3958) A+H shares rights issue; deal value: RMB 12.6 billion.
- Advised CLSA Limited, AMTD Global Markets Limited, CICC and China Merchants Securities (HK) Co., Ltd. as underwriters in the HKD 5 billion H share rights issue of Bank of Qingdao Co., Ltd.
- Advised CICC, CMB International Capital Limited, HSBC and Silk Road International Capital Limited as underwriters' counsel on Beijing Capital Land Ltd.'s (Stock code: 2868) H share rights issuance; deal value: RMB 2,492 million.
- Advised China Evergrande New Energy Vehicle Group Limited (Stock code: 708) on its shares issuance; deal value: HKD 26 billion.
Mergers and acquisitions
- Advised CMB International Capital Limited, as financial adviser to the offeror, on the proposed privatization of Bestway Global Holding Inc. (Stock code: 3358) by way of scheme of arrangement; deal value: HKD 1,028 million.
- Advising CICC in the privatization of AKM Industrial Company Limited (Stock code: 1639) by way of scheme of arrangement.
- Advised major shareholder of Sing Tao News Corporation Limited (Stock code: 1105) on its disposal of shares in the company; deal value: HKD 370 million.
- Advised China Ruyi Holdings Limited (Stock code: 136) on its acquisition of Virtual Cinema Entertainment Limited which produces films and TV series and develops online streaming platforms; deal value: HKD 7.2 billion.
- Advised China Evergrande New Energy Vehicle Group Limited (Stock code: 708) on its global investments and divestments in new energy vehicles and related businesses in Sweden, Germany and other jurisdictions.
- Advised Town Health International Medical Group Limited (Stock code: 3886) on its successful resumption of trading on HKEx.
- Advised Coolpad Group Limited (Stock code: 2369) on its successful resumption of trading on HKEx.
- Advised the independent board committee of Samson Paper Holdings Limited in provisional liquidation (for restructuring purposes only).
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area Legal Professional
- The Law Society of Hong Kong - Member
- Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area Legal Professional (2021)
- Hong Kong (2011)
- City University of Hong Kong (P.C.LL. Distinction) (2009)
- King's College London (LL.B.) (2008)
Baker & McKenzie, a Hong Kong partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.