Brian Wong is a special counsel at Baker McKenzie's Hong Kong office and a member of the Firm's Capital Markets Practice Group.
Brian has substantial experience in corporate and securities law, including equity and debt capital market transactions, takeovers, privatisations, and other public and private M&A transactions. He advises on initial public offerings on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, group reorganisations, restructuring, spin-offs, compliance matters under the Hong Kong Listing Rules, and other corporate and commercial matters. In addition, Brian also advises Hong Kong listed companies, shareholders, directors and their other stakeholders on disciplinary and regulatory matters on a day-to-day basis.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Sing Tao News Corporation Limited (Stock code: 1105) on its acquisition by Vast Resources International Limited; deal value: HKD 370 million.
- Advised China Evergrande New Energy Vehicle Group Limited (Stock code: 708) on its shares issuance; deal value: HKD 26 billion.
- Advised HengTen Networks Group Limited (Stock code: 136) on its acquisition of Virtual Cinema Entertainment Limited which produces films and TV series and develops online streaming platforms; deal value: HKD 7.2 billion.
- Advised BC Technology Group Limited (Stock code: 863) on its top-up placing; deal value: HKD 697 million.
- Advised China Evergrande New Energy Vehicle Group Limited (Stock code: 708) on its top-up placing; deal value: HKD 4 billion.
- Advised China International Capital Corporation Hong Kong Securities Limited, CMB International Capital Limited, The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited and Silk Road International Capital Limited as underwriters' counsel on Beijing Capital Land Ltd.'s (Stock code: 2868) H share rights issuance; deal value: RMB 2,492 million.
- Advised China Evergrande New Energy Vehicle Group Limited (Stock code: 708) on its investments in new energy vehicles and related businesses, including its investment in Faraday Future, National Electric Vehicles Sweden AB, Shanghai CENAT and its joint venture with Koenigsegg Automotive AB.
- Advised China Merchants Port Holdings Company Limited (Stock code: 144) on its disposal of certain shareholding interests in the Port of Hambantota, Sri Lanka.
- Advised Coolpad Group Limited (Stock code: 2369) on its successful resumption of trading on HKEx and subsequent placing of shares and other matters.
- Advised HNA International Holdings Group Limited (Stock code: 521) on its privatisation of Singapore-listed logistics company, CWT Limited.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The Law Society of Hong Kong - Member
- Hong Kong (2011)
- City University of Hong Kong (P.C.LL. Distinction) (2009)
- King's College London, UK (LL.B.) (2008)
Baker & McKenzie, a Hong Kong partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.