Niklas Wielandt is a senior associate in Baker McKenzie's Real Estate and Corporate Practice Group in the Frankfurt office. He advises domestic and international clients on all aspects of German real estate and corporate/M&A law.
Mr. Wielandt focuses his real estate practice on guidance through property acquisitions and real estate investments as well as commercial leases. His corporate practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions as well as all aspects of corporate maintenance.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented a US-based information technologies company in the separation of its business in EMEA, involving the disposition of 900+ sites worldwide.
- Advised Al Rayyan Tourism & Investment Co. (ARTIC), a subsidiary of Al Faisal Holding from Qatar, on the purchase of the Grand Hyatt Berlin (a five-star hotel with 342 rooms) and the Maritim Hotel (a four-star hotel with 505 rooms) from the SEB ImmoInvest property portfolio.
- Assisted an American family office on the acquisition of a five-star hotel complex with 130 luxury rooms in Munich, Germany.
- Advised the hotel operator Dynamique Hotels on the transfer of ten Balladins hotels in Germany.
- Advised a Ukrainian investor on the acquisition of the office building Unico in Frankfurt am Main, Germany.
M&A and Corporate
- Advised the Swiss real estate investor Infrareal AG on the acquisition of a pharmaceutical production site in Germany.
- Advised Swiss technology group Feintool AG on the sale of its subsidiary IMA Automation Amberg GmbH to the automotive supplier Preh GmbH.
- Advised VR meine Reise GmbH on the acquisition of 49 percent of the shares in Otto Freizeit und Touristik GmbH, the tourism branch of the Otto group.
- Advised an investor on the acquisition of three 30 MW wind farms and an electric power transformation substation in Germany.
- Assisted a Taiwanese investor on the acquisition of a 60 MW solar park in South America.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Deutscher Anwaltverein (DAV) - Member
- Rechtsanwaltskammer Berlin - Member
- Germany (2010)
- Higher Regional Court Hamburg (Assessor Exam with distinction) (2010)
- Hamburg University (Dr. jur. magna cum laude) (2010)
- Hamburg University (Referendar Exam with distinction) (2005)
- Toulouse University (Maîtrise en droit International and Commercial Law) (2002)
Baker & McKenzie Partnerschaft von Rechtsanwälten, Wirtschaftsprüfern und Steuerberatern mbB is a professional partnership under German law registered with the Local Court of Frankfurt/Main at PR No. 1602. It is associated with Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.