Safari Watanabe is a partner in the Firm's Corporate/M&A Practice Group in Tokyo. She has more than 10 years of experience practicing as a corporate transactional lawyer in Baker McKenzie’s San Francisco and Tokyo offices. Ms. Watanabe has extensive experience advising industry clients on corporate and transactional matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted for a global communications company in relation to its subsidiary's acquisition of a land mobile radio business by way of a demerger.
- Advised a global communications company in its tender offer to acquire controlling interest in a publicly held Japanese global provider of two-way radio communication solutions.
- Advised a global communications company's Japan operations in relation to the company's global split and relisting.
- Advised a global manufacturing and technology company in multiple international transactions including multi-jurisdictional acquisitions, dispositions and spin-offs of major business units.
- Advised a global pharmaceutical company in multiple domestic and international transactions.
- Advised a leading food and beverage company in its cross-border acquisitions and international joint ventures.
- Advised an international consumer goods company in its cross-border acquisitions.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association
- Japan Federation of Bar Associations - Special Foreign Member
- State Bar of California
- Tokyo Bar Association - Special Foreign Member
- Japan (Attorney at Foreign Law)~Japan (2001)
- California~United States (1994)
- University of San Francisco (J.D.) (1994)
- Stanford University (B.A.) (1991)
- San Francisco