Kevin Wang heads the Corporate/M&A and Healthcare practices of Baker McKenzie's Taipei office. With more than 25 years of legal experience, he provides strategic advice on large and complex deals as well as international trade, general corporate and healthcare industry issues.
Mr. Wang has extensive experience in complex M&A, and related merger filing and foreign investment matters. He focuses on local requirements, deal structuring, negotiations and risk management, among others.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised GSK on the spin-off, acquisition and regroup of the Ox, Cx and Vx business with Novartis.
- Advised Baxter on the spin-off of its BioScience operating segment.
- Advised a consortium led by Want-Want Group, a Hong Kong listing and one of the largest food companies in the Greater China area, on its purchase of the largest cable TV network in Taiwan and assisted in securing necessary government approvals.
- Advised shareholders of EHS, one of the largest TV shopping companies in Taiwan, on the USD350 million sale of their shares to a foreign private equity entity.
- Assisted Mitac, one of the world's largest personal navigation device manufacturers, in its strategic acquisitions of map data companies located in Romania, Croatia and the Czech Republic.
- Advised shareholders of EMC, one of the largest cable TV networks in Taiwan, on the USD1.4 billion sale of their shares to Carlyle and assisted in securing necessary government approvals.
- Advised Amkor Technology Inc., at the time the world's largest semiconductor test and packaging company, on its acquisitions of three testing companies in Taiwan.
- Acting for Fubon, one of the largest financial holding companies in Taiwan, in its USD800 million strategic joint venture with Citibank in five Fubon companies.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association
- New York~United States (1992)
- New York University (M.C.J.) (1991)
- American University (LL.M.) (1989)
- National Chung-Hsing University (LL.B.) (1985)
- Hong Kong
Baker & McKenzie, a Taiwanese Partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.