As a lawyer for over 30 years and as the head of the Taipei office Corporate/M&A and Healthcare practices, Kevin has solid industry knowledge and experience in handling complex mergers, acquisition transactions, related merger filing, foreign investment matters, as well as international trade, general corporate issues, and healthcare industry matters. He focuses on strategic advice, deal structuring, local requirements, negotiations, and risk management.
Kevin specializes in strategic advice, deal structuring, local requirements, negotiations and risk management.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Stanley Black & Decker in its USD 150 million acquisition of Compass Corporation, a major Taiwanese hand tool manufacturer.
- Advised Unilever in the spin-off its USD 5 billion global tea business to newly incorporated Ekaterra.
- Advised Becton Dickinson in the spin-off of its global diabetes healthcare business, with an annual revenue of over USD 1.1 billion, for sale to a new buyer.
- Advised GSK in the spin-off and bidding of its healthcare products manufacturing facility.
- Advised Eastern Media Group in its HKD 1 billion acquisition of HK listed Natural Beauty Biotechnology.
- Advised the owner of LeYou, the second-largest baby products chain store in China, in the sale of the company to Warburg Pincus for USD 200 million.
- Advised Dow in its merger of Dow Corning and the legal entity reorganization.
- Advised Eastern Media Group in its sale of Eastern Broadcasting Corporation together with Carlyle to MaoDe Group for a total deal value of USD 570 million.
- Advised Medtronic in its acquisition of Covidien.
- Advised GSK in its spin-off, acquisition and regroup of the Ox, Cx and Vx business with Novartis.
- Named Recognized Practitioner by Chambers Asia-Pacific (2023)
- Named Hall of Fame Individual by The Legal 500 Asia Pacific (2023)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association (registered in 1992)
- Advisor, Ministry of Mainland China Affairs on investment issues (1988-present)
- Commissioner, Internal Review Board (IRB) of Chang Gung Memorial Hospital (2009-present)
- External Commissioner, Ethical Commission of BioBank of Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Keelung Branch (2012-present)
- New York~United States (1992)
- New York University (M.C.J.) (1991)
- American University (LL.M.) (1989)
- National Chung-Hsing University (LL.B.) (1985)
- Hong Kong
- Legal Practice Guide to Investment in China -Yueh Dan Publications
- From a Legal Practice Viewpoint to See if Taiwan Shall Restrict Investment from China based on the Hong Kong Experience - MOMC Research Project
- Would Direct or Indirect Investment be a Better Approach in China - MOMC Research Project
Baker & McKenzie, a Taiwanese Partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.