Nastassja Walschot is a senior associate in the Dispute Resolution & Arbitration Practice Group as well as in the International Trade & Commerce Practice Group, based in Brussels. She worked as a trainee in 2014 and 2015 and joined the Firm as an associate in 2016.
Nastassja is also a teaching assistant at the Free University of Brussels (ULB).
Nastassja's practice consists mainly in assisting national and international clients in their contentious matters before judicial courts and arbitral tribunals as well as on investigations and compliance matters. She acts on investor-state disputes under ICSID and the ICC Arbitration Rules, with particular experience in large infrastructure projects. She also advises clients in various legal aspects of business, commercial and public law as well as in contract law (including agency, franchise and distribution agreements).
Representative Legal Matters
- Assisted a leading international corporate insurance company with respect to a large multinational litigation before Belgian Courts.
- Assisted a leading telecom company with respect to litigation initiated in Belgium by a former contractor regarding the property of duct network.
- Assisted an international client with filing multiple pleas for suspension and annulment of administrative decision concerning the operation of private security services with the Belgian Council of State.
- Advised several multinational entertainment groups on regulatory aspects including privacy requirements for online collection and processing of personal data and IT regulatory aspects.
- Assisted a leading international online social media and networking service group with data protection compliance project.
- Advised a leading international real estate/corporate insurance company with various pre-litigation matters and litigation arising in the frame of its business activities in and outside courts as well as lead with out-of-court negotiations to reach settlement agreements.
- Assisted several large telecommunication groups with the setting up of a virtual mobile network in Belgium, including the regulatory and contractual aspects thereof.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Brussels Young Bar Association - Member
- French-speaking Brussels Bar - Member
- Belgium (2016)
- Free University of Brussels (Law Degree, magna cum laude) (2016)
- University of Sussex (Exchange Student) (2014)