Reynaldo is a member of the Firm’s Corporate and Transactional Practice Group. He is a professor at the University Anáhuac del Norte where he teaches foreign investment as part of the master of laws program, and an instructor at Universidad Panamericana's Baker McKenzie Seminar. He joined the Mexico City office in 1986, handling foreign investments, banking and finance matters and international agreements. He also worked in the Chicago office's Latin America Practice Group, advising on investments and acquisitions in Latin America (1996-1997). In 2000, Reynaldo co-founded the Firm’s Guadalajara office, where he led the Banking & Finance Practice Group. In August 2005, he transferred to Baker McKenzie's Cancun office as a founding member and director mainly handling tourism and real estate projects. In 2009, he transferred back to the Mexico City office, where he was local managing partner for four years and thereafter became national managing partner of the Firm in Mexico until August 2018.
Representative Legal Matters
- Participated in the process involving the introduction and grant of concessions for mobile telephone services in Mexico.
- Participated in Teléfonos de México’s privatization process.
- Participated in the commencement and concession of instant lottery in Mexico.
- Participated in the bidding process and granting of a concession for issuing voter’s registration cards throughout Mexico.
- Participated in the acquisition of Seguros Bancomer, Comercial America and Seguros La Territorial.
- Led the process of enlisting Betterware de Mexico SAPI in NASDAQ.
- Led the process of acquisition of a 100% of IXOM Holdings Pty Ltd’s LATAM in Chile, Brazil, Argentina, Colombia and Peru.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Barra Mexicana, Colegio de Abogados - Board Member
- American Chamber of Commerce of Mexico - Member
- Asociación Nacional de Abogados de Empresa - Board Member
- Mexico (1992)
- Instituto Tecnologico de Monterrey (Diplomado en Finanzas para no Financieros) (2013)
- Loyola University, Chicago (Specialization Course) (1996)
- Universidad Panamericana (J.D.) (1992)
- Interview, "El Financiero Magazine" September 2016
- Author, "Tus Socios de Negocios ¿Qué tan bien los conoces?" Revista Players of Life, August 2014
- Author, "Evaluación de Terceros: ¿Eres capaz de aprobar el curso?" Revista Mejores Prácticas Corporativa, February 2014