Reynaldo Vizcarra is the managing partner of the Mexico offices and a member of the Firm’s Corporate and Transactional Practice Group. He is a professor at the University Anahuac del Norte where he teaches foreign investment as part of the master of laws program, and an instructor at Universidad Panamericana's Baker McKenzie Seminar. He joined the Mexico City office in 1986, handling foreign investments, banking and finance matters and international agreements. He also worked in the Chicago office's Latin America Practice Group, advising on investments and acquisitions in Latin America. In 2000, Mr. Vizcarra co-founded the Firm’s Guadalajara office, where he led the Banking & Finance Practice Group. In August 2005, he transferred to Baker McKenzie's Cancun office as a founding member and director mainly handling tourism and real estate projects. In 2009, he transferred back to the Mexico City office, where he was local managing partner for four years.
Mr. Vizcarra focuses on corporate law matters, including mergers and acquisitions and the preparation, supervision and implementation of agreements. His practice also covers investment and infrastructure projects. Mr. Vizcarra’s extensive experience includes working on the privatization processes of ports, airports, as well as telecommunications and insurance companies. He also provided consulting services to companies in connection with public work biddings, contracts and acquisitions involving federal government agencies. He currently coordinates the compliance group and advises companies on corporate compliance. He has actively participated in various seminars related to anti-corruption and compliance programs, offering an in-depth analysis of the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), the UK Bribery Act and the new Mexican Anti-Corruption Law.
Representative Legal Matters
- Participated in the process involving the introduction and grant of concessions for mobile telephone services in Mexico.
- Participated in Teléfonos de México’s privatization process.
- Participated in the commencement and concession of instant lottery in Mexico.
- Participated in the bidding process and granting of a concession for issuing voter’s registration cards throughout Mexico.
- Participated in the acquisition of Seguros Bancomer, Comercial America and Seguros La Territorial.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Chamber of Commerce of Mexico A.P.
- Asociacion Nacional de Abogados de Empresa - Board Member
- Barra Mexicana, Colegio de Abogados - Board Member
- Mexico (1992)
- Tecnológico de Monterrey (Diplomado en Finanzas para no Financieros) (2013)
- Loyola University, Chicago (Specialization Course) (1996)
- Universidad Panamericana (J.D.) (1992)